1,688 results
All reviews corner room violinist playing free afternoon tea birthday card creative park minute walk taxis are cheap laundry room closest mrt station standard room star service wonderful stay special thanks visit taipei fantastic hotel breakfast buffet star hotel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel is new and very clean. Feels very comfortable, very modern rooms.

Every alternate days, there's a violinist at the breakfast area, which is kinda special but weird at the same time.

Free snacks at the lobby restaurant in the afternoon which is fantastic. Cakes were delicious! I tried to buy them back home but was told they bake themselves and were not available for sale.

Hotel staff was very friendly but there was 1 guy that was abit too friendly. My wife felt uncomfortable when he insisted escorting her from the lobby back to the room when she returned alone from a shopping trip. Maybe it's just cultural.

The only main issue I have is that the hotel is in between subway stations and it's like 10-15mins walk either way. So if you have luggage, it won't be convenient. Of course taxis in Taipei isn't expensive so it's not a big problem. But 1 thing for sure, you can't tell Taxi drivers "Ambience Hotel". You got to use the local Chinese name and also maybe tell him the street name and also that it's near to the "100NT restaurants" (literally translated from Chinese. Bai Yuan Re Chao). These restaurants are popular with the locals.

I'm not certain I will return to stay given there are so many boutique hotels in Taipei, but for now, I know this is one hotel that will provide a very very comfortable stay for a very affordable price.

1  Thank SporeSamSeng
LeoHuangTaipeiinn, supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. Thank you for choosing Ambience Hotel Taipei as your home away from home, we hope that your journey home was a pleasant and restful one.
We will pass your good comment onto our staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to Taipei and will ensure a more pleasant stay for you next time.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Yours Faithfully

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. (i left my phone in the taxi and they would call the airport and arrange everything with the taxi driver to bring it back!)
the rooms are clean and very modern with a pretty cool bathroom.
if i remember correctly we stayed in the superior room, one class higher than the standard room.
there are restaurants and massage salons along the street and the train (MRT) is about a 10 - 15 minute walk away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LeoHuangTaipeiinn, supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ambience Hotel.
We sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive such rewarding compliments and your support has been shared with all the departments.
Thank you once again for your compliments and should you have any further suggestion or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Ambience Hotel for a long weekend with some friends. The hotel is a boutique hotel and is good value for money. We stayed in a Deluxe Room. The bed was comfy, the room clean and the toilet seat was amazing. One of those toilet seats you see in Japan and South Korea where you have different functions including having a warm seat!

We had breakfast included which was probably the only part of our stay that wasn't that good. The selection was quite poor so I only ate the breakfast one of the days. There were sandwiches, cake and cookies available for free in the afternoon as well as free juice, tea and coffee. That was a nice touch and we enjoyed that. Overall a good hotel, with just breakfast that needs some work.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank coleylau

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Ambience Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ambience Hotel in the future.

Yours Faithfully

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked this hotel for a 4 night break in Taipei. It is an excellent hotel with not too many guest rooms and a very friendly feel to it. The room was large with an excellent modern bathroom which felt 5 star. There was a good selection of foods to choose from for breakfast and even a violinist playing during breakfast (not every morning). The service was excellent and the location central. Would definitely stay here again and recommend a holiday in Taiwan.

1  Thank JonathanRB

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share such wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.
It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and we are happy to know that you liked the room, breakfast and were pleased with our service. Your support and nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day.
Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at ambience for four days at end of May. The hotel's decor is modern. The room is reasonably sized and clean. It has a fridge and for the stay we had, the snack and drinks in the room are all complimentary. There is also free wireless and complimentary buffet breakfast. Buffet breakfast is excellent. Had many fruits, both asian and western style breakfast items. Very impressed. We particularly liked congee and its various side dishes and fresh fruits. It also had free self laundary (one washer/ one dryer, no cost for washing powder). The thing I liked most about this hotel is the level of service. It was excellent, one of the best I had. Couple examples, I asked one staff in the morning about a good breakfast place and a place I may go that morning. He printed out a map for us and show us the best way to get there. While eating breakfast a few blocks down the hotel, he came by and told us that there is a closer MRT station. I was very impressed. A 2nd example is upon finding out we had to leave hotel at 3:30 am to get to the airport, they packed a breakfast box for us to take to airport. Very very impressed. Hotel locaiton is average. It's about 15 min away from closest MRT station. While it's not much of a hike, in the summer weather, it's not comfortable. Overall though, I do highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank nitehawk_tc
LeoHuangTaipeiinn, supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ambience Hotel and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are very grateful to know that your first stay was positive and that you would return again.
It is wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed our service, breakfast and rooms and liked the neighborhood around our hotel. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day.
Your support has been shared with all the departments and shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service.