1,674 results
All reviewscorner roomviolinist playingfree afternoon teabirthday cardcreative parkminute walktaxis are cheaplaundry roomclosest mrt stationstandard roomstar servicewonderful stayspecial thanksvisit taipeifantastic hotelbreakfast buffetstar hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and on check in were told our room had been upgraded.
We also stayed in Yumi Hotel and the Sheraton Grande - this was by far the best value for money.
The hotel is very new so our room was in immaculate condition, with no stains on the carpets etc. The design is modern, minimalist and white and the room was light and airy with a spacious view. The bathroom was large and well designed. Despite being near a major road intersection the room was quiet and we had no trouble with the noise (though staying on level 9 probably helped). No did we hear noise from any other rooms.
Staff were incredibly considerate and helpful - they took the Taiwanese hospitality to a new level for me.
Breakfast was good quality and a decent spread of both western and Taiwanese food.

Room Tip: High rooms have a better view. The corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LeoHuangTaipeiinn, supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us at Ambience Hotel.

I was truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations, especially with regards to our excellent service extended by our team members. Our aim is to deliver the best possible service to our guests and we are glad that you fully enjoyed your accommodation along with everything else we offered. The staff will be very pleased with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back and remain at your service.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We traveled as a group of four (two adults and two small kids). We had a corner room with an extra bed and that worked fine for the whole family. The hotel is a three star hotel meaning that there is not a spectacular breakfast or multiple fancy restaurants in the hotel but the place is stylish and clean. The bathroom is huge and very nice. The staff are really, really friendly and they speak good English. The hotel has some nice extra details like free minibar (no alcohol) and a violin player in the lobby in the morning.

The hotel is mostly used by Asian travelers, but there was an OK selection of western style breakfast items also.

Room Tip: If you get a room on a higher floor you can see the Taipei 101.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We deeply appreciated your good comments about Ambience Hotel and we are happy that we’d brought you good memories to your trip.

Thank you for supporting our team, we will forward your experience to everyone in the hotel and I will pass your good comment to our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for 04 nights from 3-7 July 2014 with family. Booked Standard and Corner Rooms. My daughter and I stayed in their Standard Room on the 2nd floor. The room was overlooking the street and I liked the view. Not noisy at all.
From the day I reserved my booking until the day I left, the staffs were very pleasant and helpful. They will go all the way to ensure you are being attended to. Queenie, Joanne, Ryan, the cleaning lady...just to name a few. Everything about the hotel is good.
Only thing is it's location. I'm not a fan of walking but my family is ok with it. Anyway the nearest MRT Station is like 15mins walking (in my pace). There are lots of Japanese restaurants, reflexology centres, 7 Eleven and a mall selling electrical goods.
I would return to the hotel because of its friendly staffs. Besides, we walk everywhere in Taipei. If you're lazy like me, taxis are easy to get and they are very clean and affordable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs C

Dear Valued Guest,

It was great to receive your highly recommend about Ambience Hotel. We are honored that we not only pleased you by our room facilities and environment but also by breakfast.
Queenie and Joanne were very cheerful to know that you mentioned their service here. I will also let them bring this serving experience to our other staff to ensure that your will feel even better next time you come back. We definitely will keep trying to do better and better.
Thank you for taking your precious time to write this review. We all look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very good concierge services (nice greeting, very helpful on sight seeing information - they printed out the maps and wrote down remarks for us). We were also surprised and enlightened by:
* mini-burgers, snacks, juices and coffee served during check-in waiting (all free of charge)
* nice breakfast buffet
* live violin performance on Saturday morning during our breakfast time (my wife loved it so much and shared it on Facebook right away)

Room was tidy, clean and comfortable.
Location: 5-10 min by walk to the nearest metro station. Not too far for us (without big luggage).

This was my 5th time traveled to Taipei and this hotel experience was the best of mine. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winson L

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Ambience Hotel and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are very grateful to know that your first stay was positive and that you would return again.

It is wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed our service, breakfast and rooms and liked the neighborhood around our hotel. Your nice experience is the motivation for us to continue trying to be active every day.

Your support has been shared with all the departments and shall go a long way to motivate them to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Thank you once again for your compliments and should you have any further suggestion or inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel is new and very clean. Feels very comfortable, very modern rooms.

Every alternate days, there's a violinist at the breakfast area, which is kinda special but weird at the same time.

Free snacks at the lobby restaurant in the afternoon which is fantastic. Cakes were delicious! I tried to buy them back home but was told they bake themselves and were not available for sale.

Hotel staff was very friendly but there was 1 guy that was abit too friendly. My wife felt uncomfortable when he insisted escorting her from the lobby back to the room when she returned alone from a shopping trip. Maybe it's just cultural.

The only main issue I have is that the hotel is in between subway stations and it's like 10-15mins walk either way. So if you have luggage, it won't be convenient. Of course taxis in Taipei isn't expensive so it's not a big problem. But 1 thing for sure, you can't tell Taxi drivers "Ambience Hotel". You got to use the local Chinese name and also maybe tell him the street name and also that it's near to the "100NT restaurants" (literally translated from Chinese. Bai Yuan Re Chao). These restaurants are popular with the locals.

I'm not certain I will return to stay given there are so many boutique hotels in Taipei, but for now, I know this is one hotel that will provide a very very comfortable stay for a very affordable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SporeSamSeng
LeoHuangTaipeiinn, supervisor at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Ambience Experience with fellow TripAdvisor viewers. Thank you for choosing Ambience Hotel Taipei as your home away from home, we hope that your journey home was a pleasant and restful one.
We will pass your good comment onto our staff. We hope to see you on your next visit to Taipei and will ensure a more pleasant stay for you next time.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Yours Faithfully