“Fun with my daughter ”

Suho Memorial Paper Culture Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Suho Memorial Paper Museum, the one and only paper museum in Taiwan, expects that through warm, comfortable, natural spatial atmosphere, different special exhibitions, close-up handmade experiences, friendly guide tours as well as services, to take people in an exploration of infinite creativities.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I had a good time at the museum making creative paper from plant pulp. It was raining heavily then so it was a fun indoor activity.
There was a school group there at that time so we had a free guided tour on a commercial paper making process. We got a “certificate” at the end of the workshop.
The exhibits at the museum were insufficient though. I wish there were more exhibits to showcase the history of paper making and the development of the paper industry.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"taipei"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This museum was an unexpected find (long story) but it turned out to be 5 minute's walk from my hotel and I didn't want to miss out not visiting it.

Do keep your eyes peeled for a big green banner on Chang-an East Road as it otherwise looks like a gift shop from the street. It's a small museum arranged over 3 floors and a covered rooftop terrace where the paper-making workshops are held. The ground floor is a gift shop and demo area, the second floor an exhibition area, and the third floor has more details about different paper-types which is geared at adults and accessible for children.

The museum opens at 9:30am and shuts early at 4:30pm. The morning paper-making sessions are on-the-hour at 10am and 11am. The sessions are not long, but definitely worth a go as it's also a good chance to have a chat with the friendly staff.

Photography is only allowed on the second floor and the roof terrace: the building spaces are surprisingly photogenic, so I think photographers would also find the museum interesting (although for different reasons).

I spent just over an hour here, with the third floor displays absorbing most of my time.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Brought my 2 children to Suho paper museum. My 5 yo has always been interested in paper recycling. This museum allows him to see how paper is being made. I also signed the kids up for a paper-making workshop ($180), while me and my hubby went in for $100 each. No price difference between adults and kids. There is also a level that provides a couple of hands on experiment stations to allow children to experience the different qualities of paper. Like water absorbency and strength, etc. it’s not a huge museum, but it is educational it can occupy the children for about 2 hours. The children get a piece of their handmade paper and a certificate when we leave.

2  Thank _zenghuijun
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Suho Memorial Paper Museum is a lovely boutique museum, which serves as a great destination for a relaxing afternoon trip. The exhibition is not huge, but it provides a solid overview of the history of paper making, especially in Taiwan. There are good English translations. The great variety of hands-on activities and exhibits which you can touch make it a great place to visit for families, but I enjoyed it immensely myself as a solo traveler. I highly recommend joining the DIY activity - the facilitator was very approachable and her enthusiasm for paper making was palpable. While very close from the Songjiang Nanjing MRT station (Exit 4), I found the museum a little difficult to find. It would be great if the owners could be install some signs on the way.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 January 2017

I don't usually rate an attraction so poorly unless it's really not up to par. I would only recommend a visit to this tiny museum if you have absolutely nothing to do, maybe on a rainy day and only if you have young kids. With Taipei offering so many other options, this museum turned out to be a disappointment as there was nothing much on display, it was extremely tiny and I wouldn't even personally call it a museum. More like a converted shop that displays a little bit about paper history and making. Our family of 5 even participated in the paper making workshop but honestly, unless you're a child of 10 or under, you're not going to find this very fascinating either. We went because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor but found it a total waste of our time where we could have opted for something better to do.