“Snorkeling from Sogod Bay Scuba Resort”

Sogod Bay Scuba Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Padre Burgos
Huntington Beach, California
“Snorkeling from Sogod Bay Scuba Resort”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was part of a small group that stayed at SBSR for four nights. Each day we used the resort's banca boat to find different reefs to snorkel. The resort is very simply laid out with several of its rooms with beautiful views out over Sogod Bay. The staff there is excellent, usually anticipating your needs before you do. For a small place, they have a very extensive menu and with some advance notice, served our group of 11 with no problem. Give it a try if you're in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sgitlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I cannot fault the diving, catering or cleaning staff. I was met at the Maasin ferry terminal and driven to the resort. Annalyn met me at the door, followed by Pedro. While my dinner was being prepared Pedro and I went out to the dive where I extracted my dive gear from among my clothes. He then carried my bag along the road to my room in the annex. It may have been my 4th visit but the welcome was the best. The menu is suffient to cater for most people and nicely cooked. The diving is well organised and safe. Pedro and team know their stuff. I have had many great dives over the years.

Room Tip: The annex rooms are slightly bigger than the shoreline cottages
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Keithm248
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great place to Dive , people are very friendly , I love that place, good food, good dive team, friendly owners and if you want go out for Dinner go to squirl and mouse nearbye . The Rooms at the beach side in the Resort are simple but really good and if you need tv you can rent the apartments

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Frank S
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great dive staff.I enjoyed every day. Loreley was very friendly and allways laughing.The reefs are in very good conditions.The owner Phil is taking care in a very professional way.I love this place and will return soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HeinerK2014
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2014

A most wonderful and peacefull place to stay. The reefs are probably some of the most pristine in the Phillipines. We went to Dauin after our stay at Sogod and dived Apo Island. I would say the reefs in Sogod Bay are in better condition than Apo Island near Dumaguete.

The dive staff were very friendly and helpful and also took us muck diving from the beach and under the local pier for night diving. They assembled, disassembled and rinsed all our gear everyday.

The food in the resort's restaurant was varied and tasty and the beer was always cold. The resort has its own generator so power was available even in the blackout resulting from the Typhoo. Just a most wonderful relaxing stay with truly friendly owners and staff.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Martyn B
Honolulu
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The resort was very relaxing and peaceful. Sunrises over Sogod Bay are spectacular. All the food was good, but I particularly enjoyed the spicy chicken adobo. They also have daily specials that are as close to fine dining as you’ll find in southern Leyte. Their gear was in excellent condition and, during my three weeks in the Philippines, they were the only dive shop that provided me a BCD with integrated weights. Between dives, I perused their library that included many books detailing the marine life around the Philippines and Asia. After each dive, I found myself wanting to identify and learn more about the tropical fish, sponges, and corals that populate the area, so having access to such a nice library was an added bonus. It was too early for the whale sharks, but I found the diving to be some of the best I’ve ever done and definitely worth the trip…even without the whale sharks. During surface intervals, they offered water, coffee/tea, and mango cookies. Upon arriving back at the resort, Annalyn met the boat and personally delivered everyone’s room key – great service. I found Ron and Phil, the managers at the resort, to be personable and helpful. They were both very professional and the same characteristic is manifested in their entire staff. While there, I met a nice Irish couple that has visited SBSR fifteen times and they keep coming back. It’s easy to understand why.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank DT68DP
Beijing, China
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Sogod Bay Scuba Resort provided our school with an excellent diving expedition - from first contact just over a month in advance organising travel, accommodation, on line PADI courses, dietry requirements, run down on local services, health care and local charity work. Annalyn is totally 'on the ball' and can not be more helpful.
The resort has great facilities, very friendly and homely with excellent staff. All the resort staff work hard to ensure you have great stay. The food is all home cooked and there were no complaints from any of our group. Phil and Pedro the dive masters run a professional operation with well maintained dive equipment, providing fun, educational and very memorable dives. The local dive sites are incredible - i would certainly rate it over the Great Barrier Reef!
Evenings at the resort are relaxed, there are some local bars but for a school trip we enjoyed a game of pool or darts and just chilling out after a fun packed day.
Everyone in our group passed there Open Water course and had a number of fun dives too. I cannot recommend Sogod Bay Scuba Resort enough - thank you for a fantastic, stress free expedition! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
#2 of 3 in Padre Burgos
Leyte Dive Resort
Leyte Dive Resort
#1 of 1 in Malitbog

Been to Sogod Bay Scuba Resort? Share your experiences!