It was a long 3 hour car ride journey from the airport at Talcoban to reach the remote and southern most part of Leyte where Padre Burgos Castle Resort was tucked away. But that was all soon forgotten once we arrived at the quaint and cosy resort of 5 rooms managed by husband and wife: David and Delia.
My partner and I enjoyed the dining area the most, overlooking the swimming pool with a spectacular view of sogod bay. In the mornings, we could see the sunrise while savouring an English breakfast spread, and in the evenings, we enjoyed beautifully and carefully prepared homecooked meals by Delia under a blanket of stars.
It’s a great hideaway to unwind though relatively pricey as compared to the other surrounding accommodation and by Philippines standard. But ultimately, the hospitality and quality service by David, Delia and the team are second to none, and indeed made us feel like royalty.
We hope to be back soon~
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Philippines