After a six day travel with a hired car driven by excellent Josalito (09395155670), correctly proposed by the Bayleaf Intramuros Hotel in Manila, we arrived at the southern end of Leyte in Tangkaan, a village near Padre Burgos, where the Castle is. We were received by the owners Delia and David and the four Girls in Scottish attire. The latter would take well care of us during our stay. The room was spacious with the best bed we had in years. The decoration and cleanliness are of a high standard, seldom found. The meals prepared under supervision of Delia were very good as for taste, variety and quantity. My wife and I would share the dishes. After a number of steps a beautiful coral beach below the Castle is reached.To reach the water is doable, not too easy but when there, the shallow reef in front is a snorkelers paradise. The diving I did was well organised. The WiFi is adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Philippines