I celebrated Christmas and New Year at this beautiful resort towards the southern tip of Leyte island. After a long transfer from Manila to Tacloban I was keen to arrive at the resort. An excellent driver was provided for the three-hour ride. Upon arrival we were shown straight to our spacious room and given the grand tour.
The hotel grounds are meticulously groomed and well presented throughout. The beach is made up of coral, pebbles and sand. This can sometimes prove tough underfoot in places. Jelyshoes or sturdy flip-flops are advised.
I wouldn't recommend venturing out of the hotel grounds without assistance or a guide. During a 2-minute walk down the road I felt a little on edge and worried for my safety. Quite a few people saying 'money' etc. on my direction.
Staff are friendly and available to help if needed. From David and Delia to the guys on the beach - Everyone at the resort works hard to maintain a high level of service.
Food is outstanding; I had a mixture of local and western during my stay. Every meal contained either locally sourced or homemade ingredients all of which was fresh and rich with flavor. Delia works extremely hard on evening dinners and is willing to modify your meal if you have dietary requirements or dislike certain food. Very friendly and personal service. I can't imagine acquiring the ingredients is easy in such a remote location. Hog roast on our final evening (new year eve) was my personal favorite. Staff are around to offer drinks with your meal, the house red wine was delicious.
Tours are well organized and well worth the extra charge. I opted for sailing, Canigao island and the whale shark tour. All tours were fantastic and were a great opportunity to see life outside the resort. My personal favorite had to be the very successful whale shark tour that lasted for a full day. David worked very hard to coordinate everything throughout the day. Swimming a couple of meters away from the largest fish in the sea blew my mind and is a moment I'll never forget.
I would definitely recommend staying here. Thanks again to David and Delia for a memorable end to 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Philippines