David and Delia are great hosts and the staff at this resort are fabulous.
The place is a lot better in the flesh than what is shown on their website or on tripadvisor. The place is immaculate and very well maintained. David completely rennovated this place from a shell. A real credit for the fantastic job done. It's not your typical hotel or resort. Very boutiquish if that's a word ;-)
The resort is located with great ocean views and a pool. Being a 5 room resort you won't have the crowds here.
We had room 1 which is located near the dining room. I believe this is one of the larger rooms. Expect to hear some noise of cutlery etc in the morning. If you want to sleep in ask David for one of the more quieter rooms.
No tv or fridge in the room but there is a shared lounge/tv room. Wifi is provided, is mostly good for surfing and emails but slows down depending on the number of users.
Delia cooks up some wonderful dishes. We opted for half board on 2 of our 3 nights and the culinary dishes provided were excellent. On the first night we let Delia surprise us with each course and we weren't disappointed. Make sure you try the Kiliwan-delicious. In fact all we tried was delicious.
My one and only criticism is that I guess it needs to be explained a little better that if you don't opt for the half board each night you are charged 1250 pesos pp as compared to the 1050 pesos pp. Because we had the half board for 2 out 3 nights we were charged an additional 800 pesos. Had I known this it would have made good economic sense to have opted for half board on all the 3 nights we stayed.
Weather wasn't kind to us as we had rain on and off and the whale sharks were also not around so we opted to go to Limasawa Island and saw dolphins on the way home. Weather was quite rough going home but we made it back safe just as the light was fading. David's banca is in very comfortable and in good condition.
Our stay inclusive of meals and transfers certainly wasn't cheap but PBCR does cater for that special market. Is also not easy to get to so expect to loose a good part of your arrival and departure day travelling to and from the resort. David does offer a reliable transfer service.
The resort is well worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Philippines