We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kangra
Hotel The Grand Raj
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kangra
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is located suitably in the heart of Kangra town for all types of tourists be they religious, adventure tourists, sightseers or laid back week enders ! The hotel rooms are extremely well furnished and housekeeping effective and efficient. However the rooms facing the road have lots of traffic sound pollution. The hotel chef cooks a very tasty spread of varied dishes served in the one and only restaurant of the hotel. The bar is tastefully decorated and well patronized. An additional major plus is that the hotel has adequate parking place. Over all the hotel provides full value for money

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor with garden view are the best, giving one a breathtaking view of the Dhauladhar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank surinder2706
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out valuable time and sharing your stay experience at TheGrand Raj Kangra. The team is delighted that we could make your experience memorable and our heartfelt gratitude for such kind words.

Desh Raj Jaryal

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Basic room and faces a very busy noisy road. First room offered stank of stale cigarette smoke so refused this and was offered one next door which slightly better. Reception, bar and restaurant good but did not get what we ordered fir breakfast and this was probably due to the young waiter not understanding English. Food prices quite expensive anx this is probably as they need to recoup the costs if the inexpensive rooms somewhere. Didn't Lind the way the waiters hovered waiting to clear the plates before we had both finished. Bar was nice anx comfortable and offered good views of the snow capped mountains. No wifi available for the duration of our stay. Good cafe/takeaway directly opposite offering delicious Kati Rolls

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luv-my-hols
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
My sincere apologies for the room at the hotel was not to your liking. our standard rooms are road facing and has noise problem ,we are under process to put sound proof glass to get rid of this problem. . Your inputs on the room and other aspects of your stay are very helpful to enhance our services . You may also write to me at hotelthegrandrajgm@gmail.com
I request you to let me know when you are traveling to Kangra next ,please let me know in advance so we book a premium or luxury room for you which are Himalayas facing ,spectacular view and noise free. we would like to have you stay with us again and give us the opportunity to restore your faith.

Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had 1st floor room facing to the street. Room looked a bit outdated, windows were to corridor and view from corridor windows were to the street. It was quite noisy in the night and there was no proper heating. In Feb when the temperature was below 0 it was cold... Anyway it is ok value for the money and I would recommend to book a room with breathtaking mountain view. I could visit the hotel again. Bathroom was better than I expected.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view to the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Henna K
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you so very much for your review.
My sincere apologies for the room at the hotel was not to your liking. As our standard rooms are in the old wing of the hotel, some of our rooms differ from others in nature. Your inputs on the room and other aspects of your stay would be helpful. You may also write to me at hotelthegrandrajgm@gmail.com
I request you to let me know when you are traveling to Kangra next as we would like to have you stay with us again and give us the opportunity to restore your faith.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 December 2013

you can find much better and spacious rooms in kangra ... Hotel Laj and others offer better rooms than this hotel...also the service is lazy...the food is good but much overpriced.... Its location, close to the kangra bus stand is also another plus point

• Stayed: December 2013
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I regret that the room at the hotel was not to your liking. I wrote to you to seek some information on your date of visit and the kind of room or the room number you stayed in. I am eager to get more information as it would help us work on improvements. As far as the price tag is concerned we have rooms starting from INR. 1190+taxes . our slogan is "Budget Hotel Star Comforts" and the comparison with Laj Hotel is unimaginable.
I request you not to write such fabricated reviews of any reputed hotel .
You may write to hotelthegrandrajgm.gmail.com or may call on 09218505500 to let us know more about you stay.
Regards

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I m a business travller. Having involved in the hydro power power projects need to travel to hilly areas quite offenly.

I had been visisited almost all pats of Himachal expcept Kangra. I happened to be there between 12th Nov to 15th Nov and one of my customer has suggested this hotel.

I did not had a great expectation as Kangra was not a regular tirist spot and ,most of the tourist stays in Dharmsala. But after seeing the hotel I really stunned. Really tis hotel has been architected with a real sense of nature.

The hotel staff were very courtesious and food and bar was excellent. nfact this is the first time I extened ny stay for a day just to relax.

Infact this is the hiotel where in the IPL teams staysed during thoer matches in Dharmasala.

Great Experience ! and loking forward to stay there one more time and specifically in the Room # 112 where in you can wake up with a wonderful view of snow clad mountains.
Great expetrience

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your review. We are delighted to read that the team was able to make your stay at The Grand Raj a memorable one. we are privileged to have you with us and looking forward to serve you even better in future.
Thanks once again for your words of appreciation ,It energies us do better.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Good hotel with good food. Seems to be a renovated hotel and patch work finishing is not perfect. At entrance we felt like we were lucky to select this but rooms are bit disappointing with little space, cramped and old furniture. Centrally located and minutes distance from main bus stand. Good staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TSGandham
HotelGrandRaj, General Manager at Hotel The Grand Raj, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Hotel The Grand Raj !!!!
Thank you for posting your review.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you had a pleasant stay at the hotel
On your next visit we will endeavor to exceed your expectations in all aspects of service.
Please do give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Satish angaria

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Rooms of this hotel are average as compared to lobby and dinning area. Room size is quite small and this hotel is slightly overpriced as no other good option available. They also got a gym which remain closed all the time. Food was average.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kaku78
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kangra
Roshan House
#15 of 81 in Dharamsala
Hotel Inclover
Hotel Inclover
#9 of 81 in Dharamsala

Been to Hotel The Grand Raj? Share your experiences!