“A gourmet experience in Joliette, Quebec”
Review of Matize - CLOSED

Matize
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Matize is a thirty-five seat restaurant which is passionate about providing fresh, creative, local, and seasonal food. Our wine list is carefully crafted in harmony with a specific evening menu that is modified monthly. In essence, we are dedicated to offering our clientele all of the features we appreciate about a dining experience.
Quebec City, Canada
“A gourmet experience in Joliette, Quebec”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Recently made a second visit to this restaurant, with my daughter and grand-daughter. I arrived with the expectation of having something original, as the establishment is also and "académie de cuisine". I chose a lamb burger with Indian spices, with a cauliflower soup as a first course. The soup was excellent, although not quite warm enough for me: I like the heat to add to the impact of the soup-tasting experience. The lamb burger was an interesting creation, well-balanced with respect to taste and texture, although I would have liked a bit more spice presence. The hostess is quite knowledgeable about her wines and pairings with her food, and recommended a sturdy Chardonnay, which went well with the spicy flavour of the lamb. Dessert was a respectable apple crumble, served with an excellent coffee.
My daughter, who has lived in Joliette for several years, claims that the Malize is "by far" the best restaurant in town, and I have no difficulty believing her. I look forward to going back on a future visit.

• Visited October 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Very good but too expensive”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Probably one of the best restaurant in Joliette. Menu is made from fresh ingredients and renewed on weekly basis. Include a good variety of choice from seafood or fish to meat. Light and delicious appetizer and tasty dessert. Good choice of wine including some private importation Service is distinctive, professional and unpretentious. No kids menu... and probably not the best family restaurant in this area. Better to reserve in advance, medium size restaurant, just enough to keep it quiet when you enjoy this amazing food. The only negative is the price that you can compare with much more sophisticated restaurant in Montreal with a chef well know.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank L-P L
Joliette, Quebec, Canada
“Distinctive and delicious”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

From the moment we arrive untill we leave, the experience is always filled with a touch of "distinction". We feel unique and important and let me say i am sure you'll like it too!
For the food, your expectations may be high because they use good quality "terroir" meat, cheese, veggies, chocolate, etc, etc...
They also propose private importation wines that are exactly what the meals need to taste the best!
Let's have a try and tell more about the Matize experience!

• Visited June 2012