Hotel Zum Anker
  • Pool
All reviewshis wifethe rivermoselwinevineyardsgermany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel was a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean & nicely decorated. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Location right across from the Mosel & the wine ship.The food at the restaurant was top notch. The breakfast was also very good. The owner & his wife were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room. Read other people's reviews.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Hotel Zum Anker is our first choice for somewhere to eat in Neumagen. The food is consistently good, service is excellent and the choice of wine is great.
The view from the terrace is wonderful and it's one of my favourite places to be, sat on the terrace , overlooking the river with a glass of local wine, bliss!
You can't reserve a table outside, but it's worth a wait at the bar inside for a table to free up. I would highly recommend this establishment to family and friends.

Room Tip: Go a little earlier to snag an outside table, normally from 1700 - 1830 you would have a good chance of getting an outside table.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sloane
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We recently returned home after a most enjoyable 7 nights holiday at the Hotel Zum Anker.
On arrival we were welcomed by a friendly staff, issued our room key and assisted with our luggage. The room was kept to a high level of cleanliness throughout our stay and had everything needed for a relaxing holiday.
We were booked bed & breakfast only but after our first nights meal, booked separately, we were more than happy to eat every evening at the Hotel. The food was excellent with a varied menu. Within our party we tried to sample most of the meals and were never disappointed with either the choice or quality. We were attended in the restaurant by staff that was efficient, friendly and very helpful to us as we embarrassingly could speak very little German.
Prior to our holiday I had read a negative review regarding this hotel so arrived with some trepidation. I have to say that after our stay our views disagree with this and would, on our experience, have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel which, in fact, I have already done verbally to friends.

Room Tip: No Lift
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank OssyMart
Reviewed 16 June 2011

After reading a very bad review just before going to this hotel I was quite worried, expecially as I had booked for others to go with us too. I had already paid for the holiday so there was no question of cancelling,
I can honestly say that I was completely blown away. I cannot beleive that this was the same place as the one that was slated in the previous review.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We chose the B&B option as opposed to full board, thinking that we could go to eat at different places each evening, but we enjoyed Zum Anker so much that we ate there every night.
The food was amazing, the rooms very clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and attentive. It is in a beautuful spot with views to take your breath away.
I would certainly recommend it and hope to return in the not to distant future. It just goes to show, you shouldn't believe all you read in the reviews. I just wish there had been more to compare.
My thanks to all at Zum Anker for a very enjoyable stay.....and I have to say, I have never known such hardworking staff

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mofomart
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My family and I have been returning to this hotel annually for 15 years.
However after my recent stay, none of us will be returning. Standards had slipped last year but I was unprepared for the total lack of professionalism shown this year!
On arrival a waiter checked our booking then issued us with keys to rooms already occupied . I was a little alarmed to find opened suitcases and personal belongings in the rooms we were expected to sleep in!
We had a meal in the restaurant that evening......It took 2 hrs to get anything to eat, then a further 45mins to get the bill which never did arrive!
The 2 waiters who were serving were literally running between the 100 or so guests with no organisation whatsoever.
The final insult was when checking out after 4 nights stay, the bill not only included extra charges for another room but my 8 year old child had been charged full price. When queried, the manager was incredibly rude and accused us of not letting them know his age! He's 8 and certainly doesn't look 16 !
We always loved the friendliness of the staff and the professional service offered at the Zum Anker but this unfortunately is no longer the case. We certainly will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family