We stayed over at the Trogon House and Forest Spa on our way to the Addo Elephant National Park. We were absolutely amazed by this place and regret that we stayed only for two nights. The place is accessible through a private road that starts at the entrance of the monkey sanctuary. We had a general rental car with which it was absolutely no issue to get to the house. Upon arrival we were greeted by the very kind host who spent a lot of time with us explaining the region and all the things that can be done. She also gave us a lot of tips on the other stops along our route.
The main villa is an amazing building with a large deck and pool and a great view over the canopies. Breakfast and dinner are served there also. Both breakfast and dinner were of great quality and the serving personnel were very friendly and we had some great laughs with them too. There is a lot of chemistry in this place.
We had one of the deluxe double rooms, which we feel was actually the best choice as these are situated a bit away from the main villa in the middle of the forest. This means there is a bit more privacy there than in the suite, which is part of the main villa. The deluxe room had a separate deck of its own to outside and was very spacious. At night there is a light shining into the woods, which creates some excitement, as the woods have monkeys and other wildlife living in them. The monkey sanctuary is close by, so the calls of the howler monkeys there will be heard at several moments.
We also booked the spa for one night, which is a separate small building also built into the forest with massive windows. It has a whirlpool, shower, sauna, fireplace and a relaxing bed. This too was very romantic with lots of candles, cool drinks and relaxing music. The spa can only be booked exclusively for couples, so we had extreme privacy there.
We truly felt sad to leave and can absolutely recommend this place to anyone. We felt this was the best stop we had along our route to the Addo Elephant Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trogon House & Forest Spa offers exquisite luxury, suspended in the tree tops of a forest reserve that stretches untamed along the Tsitsikamma mountains and beyond. Elevated into the tree tops, the lodges embrace the forest with see-through glass walls and sky-lit roofs, creating a true "nature forest" experience. What really sets Trogon House apart, is the absolute privacy and exclusivity in the midst of nature's pristine beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Trogon House and Forest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon House And Forest Hotel The Crags
- Trogon House And Forest Spa South Africa/The Crags