He had a romantic getaway with my boyfriend, we stayed here for 1 night. Since we are locals it was not really hard to get there by bus even being this the first time we were on this town, the only thing was that we had to take a "pirata" in Birri since there are no official taxis and this scared me a bit but it was ok.
We arrived at 3pm and checked in, we payed for the President King Suite and were more than pleased, I mean we had the whole floor for ourselves! Although now you think about it, this hotel is more like a big mansion than a hotel per se.
Anyways, we went down to have dinner and there was no one in the kitchen or so, we waited for about 10 mins before we actually had to go over the kitchen and ask for service, but the food was really tasty, it was a large amount and it was really cheap so we can't complain.
After that we went to sleep, the only thing that really bothered me, since we did not have A/C the mosquitoes were killing me! And it was quite hot but not enough to sleep without sheets (beside the mosquito fact).
The next morning we had a traditional breakfast which included "gallo pinto", eggs (fried or scrambled), coffee and tortillas. It was ok, the "pinto" could be best and adding sour cream would be a nice plus.
They kindly called a "taxi" for us who drove us to Santa Barbara and then we returned to the city. In general this trip was really good, we enjoyed it a lot, would love to stay anytime soon. I would recommend it if you are not looking for a typical hotel with cold rooms, this is definitely unique and really cozy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Catalina Hotel & Suites is an adult couples only, majestic private, gated resort, located a few miles just outside the City of Heredia which is just outside the Capital City of San Jose, on 6 lush acres inhabited by tropical flowers, trees, ponds and other gracious amenities like tennis court,gym,billiards,jacuzzi and 2 swimming pools.One swimming pool is nude and the other up to topless. Fully furnished hotel rooms, suites and villas are offered - studios, one or two bedrooms, and even romantic private villa enclaves ready for your enjoyment.Some weeks in the year are totally clothing optional.La Catalina has the best food in the area from North American to South American to Asian to Seafood.La Catalina has a great weekly entertainment program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your La Catalina Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Catalina Hotel And Suites
- La Catalina Hotel Birri
- Hotel La Catalina
- La Catalina Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Birri, Province Of Heredia