“Overpriced!!!!! ”

Ranked #2 of 18 things to do in Arecibo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cueva Ventana means Window Cave. Take a hike to and through this cave (bring a flashlight!) for a view that is out of this world.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Overpriced!!!!! ”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I have gone there many times before with different people from different countries. Work in the hotel industry and always recommended this place but never again! It used to be free and then they changed it to $3.00 p/p which I found reasonable. Went last week and found it was $10.00 p/p which I found to be absurd. Saw it from the bottom road on the other side and it looks much better and it's free.

3 Thank David R

Hialeah, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice place to visit. Used to be free but now charging $10/pp which I personally find overpriced. Parking is $2/car; you can park by the gas station or along the road for free. The cave is beautiful and there is a biologist guide that will tell you a little bit about the place. I recommend you to ask for the skinny, head shaven guy with a very tinny braid on the back of the head (sorry I can't recall his name); he is very knowledgeable and will explain everything without getting irritated like other guides do (believe it, I did the tour twice). Beside the big window cave there is a smaller cave you can also visit. Get plenty of fluids because it gets hot and steamy. The place gets a little busy on weekends.

1 Thank yoyiva
usa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must visit!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Love the spectacular view. Interesting guided tour. For the price of $10.00 you get a guided tour, they provided a hard hat for your safety is very good. Also very friendly staff.

1 Thank Khadihja R
Deltona, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What a breathtaking view!! OMG is all I could say this is a MUST SEE. We didnt take a tour group of this one I had done some googling and heard about this place and so on our one free day (which also happened to be a rainy day) we decided to come here...it as $10 a person and that includes a hard hat, a flashlight (although they barely work) and a tour guide if you wish...we did bc it was DARK and scary to me lol...the hike into the cave is a little steep with a rope to hold onto and some rocks to scale over...i would recommend 7 yr old and up because of the terrain and the fact its dark and younger children WILL get scared...the caves are full of bats and roaches although neither will bother you unless you shine the lights up in the roof which they ask you repeatedly NOT to do

1 Thank mrscortes904
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful View!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love it!

Easy place to find. We parked right next to the entrance.There's a small fee of $10 plus tax per person to access the premises (is a private land), that include hardhat and flashlight. Its a little bit of a walk, so make sure to wear comfortable tennis shoes, and clothing that you wont mind getting dirty. It was a little tricky to get into the cave, its a little slippery because of the rain, and you will need to climb down to get in. There's a rope that can be a little handy for some people, but I personally preferred to climb down the rocks, it was a lot easier that way for me, but I did used the rope to climbing up.

The person that gave us the tour was a biologist very friendly and knowledgeable. He showed us the different types of bats, trees and native drawings. The view from the window was amazing, perfect, breathtaking even though the weather was a little crappy that day.

I'm scared of heights, so for that reason I stayed in the upper part of the cave, but my boyfriend went down to see the view by the window edge. WARNING!! there's no railings, if you want to get very close is at your own risk, so be careful.

Visited May 2014