“Great breakfast stop”

Antigua Hacienda
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Orotina
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great little stop on the way from San Jose to Puntarenas. Co-op of seven house - wives who make great typical Costa Rican food.

2  Thank Hans U

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The people who run this place are amazing. The comida is muy rica and you couldn't ask for a better service. You know that you're getting a good service with very reasonable prices.

This is owned by a great cooperative of women in conjunction with the local university. I think this is an excellent business model that supports the community.

Bueno!

3  Thank Roberto S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Me and my friend are cycling through Central America, we stopped by this restaurant on our way to Jaco as we had to stop due to the torrential rain. Immediately we were welcomed with open arms. Run by a friendly co-operative of females,the place has an incredibly opening feel. The food is excellent, they went out of the way to custom make us pancakes and platanos and after we had fresh fruit smoothies (Mango and Papaya). The prices are fair too. In all I would recommend visiting is ever passing by. We even had breakfast the following morning! 5******

3  Thank DGrimes2014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We tried this little restaurant out on our way from Orotina to Monteverde. I ordered the Arroz con Pollo and it was delicious! Our server was extremely kind and friendly and spoke good English. I speak Spanish but my husband doesn't so it is nice when he can join in the conversation. She gave us some rice pudding after our lunch and it was also delicious. We tried to get there based on the map on tripadvisor with no success but when we put it in our GPS we had no problem. It really isn't in Orotina. I think that the town it is in is called pozon.

3  Thank mwess
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were on the way from Puerto Viejo to Quepos. On the way we were passing different Restaurants and Bars but somehow we didn't stop there. Once we reached Hacienda something told me - HERE! And it was a good feeling! The food was excellent, service very friendly, prices fair. The Restaurant has a good parking possibility, clean washrooms and in generall it is a lovely place.

4  Thank huertofrutal