Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Pleasantly personal

It was raining when we arrived, so a visit indoors was the obvious start. The welcome staff did... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Old_Y0rkshireman
yorkshire
Brunch / lunch

Visited today to the restaurant for brunch as my wife birthday My fault but we missed the cut off... read more

Reviewed 20 February 2024
LincolnRedimp
lincoln

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews farm shop decorated for christmas well worth a visit cakes coffee shop sculpture exhibition elizabethan house tent room cafe pyramids trees shops daffodils unicorn lincoln gifts volunteers
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2014

My husband and I visited Doddington as we acquired a 2 for 1 voucher. However, when we tried to use the voucher, we were informed that we could not use it during the couple of weeks the 'sculpture garden' was on. Whilst it did state on the back that it could not be used to enter the sculpture garden, it wasn't clear that you were unable to enter Doddington Hall at all. I can't think of anything my husband and I would rather see less than a sculpture garden, we wanted to see the history in the house and the beautiful house garden but we were not about to pay double what we were expecting because of something we didn't want to see! Why tar everyone with the same brush and presume everyone wants to see the sculpture garden?

Date of experience: September 2014
3  Thank Catherine83
ClaireBirch, Owner at Doddington Hall & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

We are very sorry that you found our 2 for 1 offer confusing. There is always limited space on these vouchers, but we did clearly state that it did not include dates when we had special events including our sculpture exhibition in August. We were careful not to use the phrase 'sculpture garden' anywhere as that would have implied that the sculptures were in some sort of separate garden. They weren't - there were more than 400 of them and they were placed throughout the gardens so it wouldn't have been possible to see the gardens without seeing them! Finally we should explain, our 2 for 1 vouchers basically mean that one person gets in free and the other pays full price, so it is effectively half price - on the days when it isn't valid I can assure you would simply pay the regular entry price - not double!!
I do hope you will come back with your voucher some time in the next few weeks (House open Wednesday and Sunday 1pm-4pm (Gardens from 11am) until the end of September, then the house closes but the gardens are open on Sundays (11am - 4pm) throughout October - the autumn colour is promising to be excellent this year and we have thousands of cyclamen and autumn crocus out right now.
Best wishes and sorry for the confusion.
Claire Birch

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Had a couple of hours browsing around the garden at the sculpture exhibition. Interesting to see in this setting. good value at £6 entry

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Went to Doddington hall today with the boyfriend as he's studying fine art and would like to work with stone. It was amazing to see all the diffrent designs, sculpture and materials! Gave him some really good ideas! Must admit my hands started to hurt after he made me take a picture of everything! :)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My first visit to Doddington Hall and gardens was a wonderful experience. Although the Hall was closed that day (worth ringing ahead) the stunning gardens, nature walk and sculptures were incredible, inspiring and so enjoyable. The staff were incredibly helpful, especially in the cafe. My disabled friend had no problems getting around in his wheelchair which was a great bonus. The indoor art including the magical fairies and mini projected scenes were superb! I also loved the glass Daisies by Lynn Baker, the organic sit in pod and the amazing 'balancing' sculptures of figures. We can't wait to go back and visit the Hall, pyramid and shops next time.

1  Thank sheeganlady
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a cream tea in the cafe which was delicious. Staff were very well organised. The Farm shop was very good with lots of different things to tempt you. The gardens were a delight to visit with all the sculptures dotted throughout. An amazing place to see.

1  Thank 330Dee