“A Convenient Pub”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Chandler, Arizona
“A Convenient Pub”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Forge was easy to find and there was adequate parking on the street or nearby off street. The food and service were very good. We found this the best place to eat for two nights.

Dublin, Ireland
“A model for the rest.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stopped here on spec on the way to Clifden one lunchtime about 2 weeks ago.. The place was full of both locals and tourists. In a flash we were shown to a free table which people had just left. It was meticiously and speedilly reset for us by a cheerful and concientious young man. 6Another young man then took our order,answered our queries regarding some of the dishes and was pleasant and efficient. Our lunch arrived, 3 different selcetions from a very good menu . The food was hot,non greasy,very tasty and well presented. The landlady was also present ensuring everyone was ok and had time to chat with people locals and tourists alike. Prices were very good for the standard. Overall a very pleasant experience and we will definitely return if passing again. Try the seafood chowder, one of the best I have ever had and I have had it everywhere i go.

1 Thank Dublin162010
San Jose, California
“The Forge”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

While traveling in Ireland, we booked a night through airbnb at a nearby thatched roof cottage and our host recommended we have dinner at The Forge. We were so glad she did! We had a light dinner and some delicious wine that was recommended by our waiter Darren. The food and the service were very good and I would definitely stop there again if we find ourselves in Moy Cullen (which I hope we do!).

Visited April 2014
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit to Moycullen”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Reviewed 4 April 2014 NEW
Myself, my parents and kids (two nine month old babies) went to the Forge this evening. I was so impressed with them that I decided to write a review before I forget. This is the best service and food I've had in a long time, in an atmosphere that was genuinely very very easy. My father cant walk or sit very well, they had a chair brought in for him before we got there especially for him. As I mentioned we have to babies of nine months ( I am always very conscious of other customers when I take the kids to restaurants). They had the high chairs waiting at the table for us. The waiter service was outstanding and the speed at which we were given our food was just perfect, quick but certainly not rushed. Everyone had a fabulous meal. I am vegetarian. I always expect now to be offered Risotto or pasta or some lazy dish like this from most restaurants that hasn't been thought out very well. This place was totally different. The thought and creativity in the vegetarian option was such a delight.Apparently they do a lovely carvery too on a Sunday..All I can say is.. We all just loved it and good on them for going to such efforts for their customers..We will def recommend, thanks Garry !!!!

Rosmuck, Ireland
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Forge is in a perfect position on the N59 between Galway and Clifden. 20 minutes out of the bustle of the city and here is a haven - great food, fabulous service, brilliant host in Anne Marie who makes a point of speaking to all her customers personally. I make a point of dropping in whenever I am passing. Go on a Friday and you can call in to the farmers' market right outside The Forge. I've tried many dishes here. The fish and chips is particularly outstanding as are the duck rolls. But then - I've never been disappointed whatever I have eaten. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2014