See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2015

We called last minute and were accommodated with no problems. Our room was quite standard but very clean and charming in a simple way, the bed provided a comfortable nights sleep. The hotel were able to cook a first class meal too - every course was above excellent from the snails to the steak through to the desserts - definitely fine dining - and friendly and well-paced service too. Our stay there was relaxed and there was nothing to criticize or be negative about - all in all, it was a great stop along the way of a nice road trip through France.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you need and if they have it, they will help.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2015

Tucked away in the back streets of Chatillon this is a great value hotel with a superb restaurant.

It’s privately owned and a welcome change from the ‘chain’ hotels.
The rooms are basic, but comfortable and spotlessly clean – a good nights sleep is pretty well guaranteed.

The secluded seating area at the rear is nice for a pre dinner beer and the restaurant menus cater for all tastes and pockets. The cheese board is to die for.

Would I go back, I have been there many times, so yes.

Gerard Remillet the proprietor, does not speak English, nor do his staff, but even with rudimentary French we survived.

Room Tip: A room at the rear is possible a little nicer than street side.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2015

This is my first time review, I felt I had to say what a delightful hotel this was to stay in.after a long tour of the area.It is on a quite street with secure parking essential for our vintage car.the room was spotlessly clean and furnished the the quaint french stlyle with a modern well equipped and again spotless bathroom. Our room 8 was rear facing the delightful courtyard.Breakfast was adequate with additional coffee and bread supplied on request.all in all highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2015

They are closed very often and what was once a very nice place it is not anymore what it was.
Old fashion, restaurant - bad food. Breakfast poor, I am sorry but nothing positive.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2014

In Châtillon-sur-Seine, I find the Hotel de la Côte d’Or and this is s exactly the charming hotel that I have dreamt of. for tonight. It is not too big, has cosy small rooms with spotlessly clean bathrooms. The window of my room has a view of the quiet garden, but the street on the other side is not very busy either.

I find a hearty welcome in the large reception hall. There is a fireplace and a solid wooden table with two benches that invite me to sit down and have a chat with some locals that also like this place. After seven in the evening, couples and groups enter the reception hall saying “we have reserved a table” and they disappear. I follow them and find a homelike restaurant – the kind of restaurants I love in France.

One very friendly lady serves about ten tables, and not one guest feels neglected. An ambiance of happiness and humor fills the room. In the kitchen behind the clapping door there are three young cooks. I hear friendly voices accompanying their busy activity – and the guests are obviously all pleased with the results.

I do not feel like eating three courses. No problem. I can enjoy one course - a steak from Charolais cattle with a half bottle of Gevrey-Chambertin vieilles vignes 2011. Delicious. For dessert I select a cheese snack - I particularly love Les Amis du Chambertin. And the lady serves me and all the other guests in the room, as if we were all kings.

I can recommend this hotel - and also the small town of Châtillon-sur-Seine with the narrow cobbled streets, the 11th century church on the hill and the Crémant of the Châtillonnais.

Room Tip: Rooms looking to the garden may be a little more quiet, but rooms looking to the street are also okay, as the street is not busy.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo