“Best B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Rush B&B and Inns
Langley, Canada
“Best B&B”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Sandy Hills Bed and Breakfast was a little difficult to find even with our GPS. However, once there we couldn't have been more content. Mary greeted us at the door of her warm, contemporary home and insisted on a cup of tea while giving us a thorough and informative idea of Rush and Dublin. The railway station is five minutes away and the trip into Dublin only a half hour. Pay attention to her suggestions, they were spot-on whether for dining or sight-seeing.

This lovely lady made us feel like old friends coming to visit without being intrusive. The home itself is newer and very spacious, spotlessly clean and very close to the beaches. Mary even had Canadian Maple Syrup for our pancakes and her soda breads are to die for.

Thanks, Mary. We had a memorable stay.

Shirley and Fred Baker

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Guest house has an excellent location for playing golf, visit Dublin and other attractions and is only 30 minutes from the International airport.

They were very friendly and gave a lot of tips concerning what to see and where to eat in the area.

They had a lot of good knowledge about the golf courses in the area and helped out with tee times.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Thor E
Montagu, South Africa
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We toured Ireland for the first time recently. Our first stop was with Mary at Sandy Hills.On arrival Mary made us really feel at home, she could not have been more helpful. She gave us advice on where to go during our stay and a map highlighting all the beast routes. Our room was fantastic, clean and bright. The breakfasts were to die for. Mary showed us where to eat, where to have a nice drink and where to find local musical entertainment. This is by far the best B&B we've ever stayed in. On a scale of 1-10 I would give Sandy Hills eleven !!
Thanks Mary we hope to see you again one day.
Maddie and Deryck. South Africa

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank derycksalter
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days while I traveled across the UK/Europe. When I arrived, I was promptly greeted by Mary who served me a pot of tea and scones. Mary was very attentive and helpful, she gave me a few books to help me plan out an itinerary of what I'd like to do while I was in Ireland. The room she gave me was huge, the service impeccable, the breakfast delicious, I can say so many great things about her. She dropped me off and picked me up from the train station, when she could have called a taxi. It was so terribly considerate, I couldn't help but be amazed by her hospitality. At the end of the night after a long day of exploring, we watched an episode of Mrs Brown's Boys and sipped hot chocolate. It was just like being at home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here on a last minute basis as there was a mix up with the original place we were due to stay in and, I have to say, it was the best b&b I've ever stayed in. The host Mary was so welcoming. She looked after us so well, even giving our 7 year old a wee treat as we left. The room was amazing, I've never seen a place so clean! The view was lovely of the garden too! Our breakfast was delicious, homemade scones and pancakes, and was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Mary even got her son in law to ring my partner for directions and tips for our journey! I would definitely love to stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
Poway, CA
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our family of three spent two nights at Sandy Hills. Our room was large and comfortable and very clean. Our room felt peaceful and the window overlooked the beautiful garden. Our hostess Mary was able to recommend a great restaurant for dinner just a scenic 20 min walk along the coast to get there. (You can also drive there, but we wanted to walk.) We caught the train to Dublin to sight see the next day. We were running late so Mary drove us to the station, so kind of her. What a great place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

At Sandy Hills, you wil not be treated kinder, taken care of better or eat more home grown food.
Mary is truly a delight and wonderful woman who goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable in her country and her home. She is a wonderful hostess with a warm smile.
I had the best sleep ever on her bed. When I change my mattress, I will be purchasing whatever she has.
She is 8 minutes from the Dart that will take you right into Dublin City. Such a treat.

Please don't let this B&B pass you by. You will be truly sorry.

Room Tip: We had the room with a King bed and a single bed. It was lovely. All her rooms are high quality.