“ladies Break !!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballyconnell
Dublin, Ireland
“ladies Break !!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Slieve Russell which was very enjoyable from start to leaving, Had a lovely room overlooking the golf course which is spectacular. Room had all amenities fridge, batrobes slippers bath and shower and most of all black out curtains without a sound to be heard even though the hotel was very busy due to pro am golf classic and families.
The staff were amazing all were more than happy to attend and looked very happy doing their work and their presentation was impeccable.
Had dinner both evenings which was excellent , presentation perfect and served promptly as ordered.
Overall I was very impressed with standard of excellence which Is not easy to find !!
Will be returning in the near future..

Room Tip: Overlooking golf course or new wing with balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am absolutely delighted to read your many kind comments regarding the Hotel and our staff. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to us and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Highly recommend a visit to this hotel, facilities exceptional, staff very helpful and food excellent! A great place to stay and relax, play golf, tennis, enjoy a country walk or visit the fabulous spa, something for everyone.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite well worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your praise for our grounds, room, dinner, food and golf course. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Dublin
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked the hotel at short notice. Highly recommend by lots of friends we booked one night for BBD with our 2 year old son. Hotel was welcoming, warm and effortless. A huge hotel that is well used but not worn had everything for us. There are full walks about the entire complex that intersect the golf course, we had the luxury of fantastic weather. I am hard to please and found the food divine as did my wife. In particular a lady working in the restaurant (Rachel) was patient and courteous with our son doing laps around the restaurant. Breakfast staff were similarly accommodating. There was a lovely relaxed feel about the hotel and it's staff that even extended to the guests. We were that satisfied we ended up staying another night. For our two year old there was the walks, the health spa and pools and a soft toy room. Our bedroom was large but the Wi-Fi available in the bar, reception and restaurant didn't extend to our room. A minor distraction in what was otherwise a faultless stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read your positive comments regarding your stay including the food and our staff. I am happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at Slieve Russell. I apologise that there seemed to be a problem with your Wi-Fi in the bedroom and I fully intend to investigate same as our Wi-Fi should be strong throughout the entire Hotel. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Surprise trip for my 40 birthday.

We were allowed to check in early and received complimentary room upgrade.

Room was lovely and most importantly to me on horrible shower curtain as there was a separate shower cubicle.

Food in the bar was very good and in the Setanta restaurant.

I used the spa for a massage which was pure heaven.

Although there was a wedding on the Saturday we stayed so the hotel was very busy we still felt as though we received a personal service. All staff from reception to housekeeping were very welcoming.

There is a nice short walk around part of the golf course which was beautiful on the sunny afternoon we were there.

Room Tip: Room we had overlooked golf course and lough beyond which was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am absolutely delighted to read your many kind comments about the Food, our Grounds, your Room and our Staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell this year. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from a wonderful weekend in Slieve Russell. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were very quick and hassle-free. The grounds are gorgeous, particularly the Secret Garden.
Bar food was very reasonable, tasty and well presented. Breakfast was buffet style and was more than adequate.
We found there was plenty to do there, golf, tennis, a well equipped gym and a nice pool with steam room, sauna etc.
The atmosphere in the bar was fantastic, helped by the fact a world cup match was on.
Dinner, which was included in our deal was delicious, with large portions and very friendly service.
Music was provided in The Kells Bar both nights. The guy playing piano the first night was average but the two guys on guitar on the Saturday night were excellent and the ambience and craic were brilliant.
We didn't receive a knock on our door to check out until 13.45 on the Sunday, another big plus!!
Wouldn't hesitate to return!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the golf course and gardens, our view was of the car park and wasn'...
1 Thank Lee123046
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your most recent favourable review. I am delighted that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed using our facilities. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming your back to the Slieve Russell Hotel in the future. Kind Regards, Tony Walker
derry
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lovely stay, lovely room,fabulous spa experience but oh dear the Kells bar! There was no floor service and the bar staff had no concept of 'who's next'. I felt very selfconscious as a female waiting while the men around me were served without delay.Finally ordered our 2 drinks and bar meal. Meals arrived, plate set down so hard chips went over the table, still no drinks, asked again, original barman brought them over, I did say we would have liked them before meal rather than in the middle of,barman said they were busy, wineglass had lipstick on it but I cleaned it myself rather than more hoohaa. Chicken was tepid, whether it was on its way down from hot to cold or inadequately heated I don't know but I wasn't prepared to risk it. I know one should complain properly at the time but the attitude of the barman over the drinks made me reluctant.Unacceptable dining experience spoiled an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your most recent review. I am delighted to note that in general you enjoyed your stay however I am also dissapointed to learn of your experience in our Kells Bar. Your valued observations which highlight a number of training issues have been duly noted and I fully intend discussing these points with our Bar Manager on his return from Annual Leave. Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back ro the Slieve Russell in the near future. Kind Regards, Tony Walker
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just returned from a week-end at Slieve Russell and had a brilliant stay. Have been to Slieve Russell many times, the reason we keep going back is because you are treated so well. It was our Wedding Anniversary and there was a lovely bottle of wine and chocolates left in our room, there are so many little perks like bottled water, tea & coffee, nice toiletries all complimentary in the room. We had our meal on Saturday evening, it was amazing, as were the Staff in the Dining Room, the Staff in the bar also provide excellent service and very pleasant with it. Our room was spotless (as usual) with a huge bathroom. I would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room overlooking the Golf Course
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel and our staff. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and will return to Slieve Russell. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyconnell
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Hotel Kilmore
Hotel Kilmore
#3 of 4 in Cavan
Knockninny Country House & Marina

Been to Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!