“our wedding”

Crover House Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mountnugent
Reviewed 27 August 2012

we had our wedding here a little over a year ago . the food was spectacular the staff were fantastic and of course the location was ideal. If you are thinking about getting Married Crover house is the only place to be. The rooms were next to none and it is clinical clean. We went back for our wedding anniversary and had a meal that was as fantastic as the last. All our guests could not compliment Us enough on the venue of choice for our wedding and not 1 complaint was made about the day .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martina L

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I recently attended a wedding at this hotel and stayed there on the night of the wedding. I was extremely disappointed by the quality of food served. My views were shared by the seven other guests that were seated at the same table as me. The food was cold and had obviously been prepared and plated at least several hours before the wedding reception. While I did not have any of the mashed potatoes I heard other guests refer to them as 'the worst which they had ever had''. Breakfast the following morning was equally poor, large glass bowl was full of what I assume was the juice of fruit which had been in the bowl for some time. I was not asked if I wanted tea/ coffee/ toast etc and the cooked breakfast was self service. This experience stood out as being particularly poor as I had stayed in a hotel in Kerry the previous week which cost the same and had the same rating however was of a much higher standard. I feel this hotel does not represent value for money and is simply relying on the spectacular views for repeat business

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank burssels
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We attended our sons wedding in Crover house recently, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the management and staff, for helping to make the day the most spectacular and happy day we could have wished for, the food, service, accomadation and location are second to none.
The sun shone and the children enjoyed the bouncy castle provided, so again Thank you.

Room Tip: dont choose ground floor as it tends to a bit noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cavangirl20
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I did not stay in the hotel as I was there for a business meeting. We arrived about an hour before the meeting and wanted something to eat quickly. The staff were fantastic and really went out of their way to accommodate me as I needed to have eaten before the meeting. We were really impressed with the location - a lovely view of Lough Sheelin and a golf course as well! Who could ask for anything more! I look forward to going there in the future for a weekend. if they could organise the weather then...it would be perfection!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 as i was attending a wedding - the location (albeit remote) is fantastic, the hotel is lovely and run very well. thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: With weddings going on rooms on the bottom floor and first floor can be noisy well into the night...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My sister got married in Crover last August and I couldn't say one bad thing about the whole experience crover supplied to us. Amazing food, the most helpful staff and the most amazing views.
We stayed the night after the wedding aswell and had a fab good old fashioned knees up.
Would recommend Crover for either a wedding, golf, fishing or just a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank rachiehun2008
Reviewed 28 May 2012

went here on sunday may 27th for Sunday lunch and certainly not disappointed . As the day was one of the hottest so far this year the the Hotel,(which is situated in the most picturesque spots in ireland overlooking lough sheelin ) was very very busy . The food was top class and the service really good . Would recommend this Hotel for Sunday lunch especially during summer when you can enjoy the pleasant atmosphere .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountnugent
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
11 mi away
Cavan Crystal Hotel
Cavan Crystal Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cavan

Been to Crover House Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!