Lough Erne Resort(Enniskillen)
US$125
US$97
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Westville Hotel(Enniskillen)
US$157
US$99
  • Pool
US$175
Dun Na Si Guesthouse(Ballyshannon)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$105
US$163
All reviewsporridgetasting menuhomemade cookiesworth the waitmacnean housedining experiencenext morningmichelin starwaiting listprestige menupre dessertmonths in advancequailpetit fourswhole experiencefrom start to finishspecial occasion
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have stayed and eaten in alot of fantastic places but this is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review.Neven Maguires "Mc Nean House" is an unbelieveable experience.First of all the service is fantastic, from the moment you enter until you leave the staff will accomodate you in every single way, they are friendly and knowledgeable. Beautiful surroundings- intimate with a great atmosphere. And then theres the food ...ohh the food.How this place has not got a michelin star is beyond me!The food was indescribable, the best meal I have ever eaten it was simply STUNNING!!! Iam sitting here at work the day after and I am just about to ring and make a booking for the nearest possible slot available.This is one of those experiences you have to do before you die!

2  Thank Colin R
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Spent one night - will definitely return. The rooms are decorated beautifully and there are yummy homemade cookies in the room too!

We had dinner in the restaurant too. We went for the 9 course 'Prestige' Menu and it was a real treat. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable, I couldn't fault anything. The food was exceptional and Neven even came out between sittings to make sure every guest had an opportunity to express their thoughts on the evening! He was very humble and charming.

Breakfast was top notch too - don't skip it if you get the opportunity to stay

2  Thank ruadh_ruadh
Reviewed 5 September 2011

It's hard to know where to start with a review for MacNean House ebcause everything was fantastic and all deserves to be raved about.

I've travelled all over the world and eaten in many places but MacNean is beyond doubt the best ever. The room we stayed in was a fantastic size with the most comfortbale bed I've ever slept in. Also free homemade cookies in the room!

The staff are 2nd to none there is nothing they could and would not help with. They are so friendly and really do seem to love their jobs and it comes across so well when they are speaking about Neven and the food and the area

The the food. What can i say but WOW. We ate from the dinner menu on Friday and were just having mains and a cheese board. But you also get the most wonderful breads, a broccolli soup to die for (I don't even like broccoli) A Pineocolda Tiramisu and then handmade chocolates at the end!

The next night we had the Prestige menu which was 9 courses of pur heaven, every part of every dish was packed with flavour and simply to die for. Each dish was amazingly presented and explained when put on the table. We also went with the wine selection which again was explained brilliantly to us.

I live nearly 3hrs from Blacklion and I'd easily travel double that to experience this again! So for anyone that loves food and thinks customer service is dead, try MacNean house because it will blow you away!

2  Thank SteveWhite81
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I spent a night in this fantastic establishment to celebrate a birthday.. All the other reviews are spot on, this is one of the best restaurants in the country and makes the trip to the slightly isolated village of Blacklion well worth it.
We had the 9 course tasting menu with wine included and could not recommend it highly enough, each course is unique and the whole thing is quite an experience.. Cheap it is not ,(122 Euro per person for the 9 course meal including 5 glasses of wine/champagne) but there is a good reason this place is booked out months in advance...

I cant think of any place I'd rather go for a special meal.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IrelandTravelmad
Reviewed 22 July 2011

What a fantastic restaurant!!! The atmosphere, the service and especially the food - everything was absolutely fabulous. We enjoyed hors-d'oeuvres and drinks in the lounge while reading the menu, finally deciding to try the Prestige tasting menu as we really wanted to experience as many dishes as possible. What a great choice! Every single course was wonderful - from the selection of breads to start with (the tomato bread is great!) to the little extras such as the passion fruit jelly with natural yogurt and the popping candy on the pre-dessert. We finished off with coffee and a marvellous selection of petit fours back in the lounge area. Our night was finished off perfectly when Neven himself came out and spoke to all his guests. What a thoroughly nice man! After hearing how far we had to travel home he made sure that we had a bottle of water for the journey and we were given a signed copy of one of his books. He also told us all about his wonderful breakfast available the next morning and I think if it had been at all possible we would have stayed!!! All I can say is that if you get the chance to eat here then go for it, no matter how long the waiting time is. We hope to go back again in October and are already planning our next visits!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple