“utterly fab”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blacklion
MacNean House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blacklion
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Have been before and it was fab. Decided to go again with my husband. Stayed overnight. The room was very nice and the plate of fruit and brandy were a really nice touch. the meal was excellent and I could not fault it at all. Staff are all very nice. There is also a nice convivial atmosphere in the dining room and everyone talks to each other. Breakfast is utterly wondreful. The yoghurts are great and I recommend the eggs benedict and the little pots of yoghurt. the big highlight is neven himself. He chats to everyone and is very friendly.
It was my husband's birthday and we coudl not have gone anywhere better.

Room Tip: the junior suite was amazing
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 December 2011

A trip to MacNean House is a must, the food is just exceptional, the staff are very friendly and looked after us very well. On the night Neven came out to meet us to add to the personal touch of the whole experience, well worth the trip from Tipperary. Got gifts also going away from Neven. Over all has Michelin Star quality.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was our first trip to MacNeans to celebrate a birthday. It was truly a wonderful experience. We have been to various Blue Book properties and nice hotels but oddly enough in the many years of mini birthday escapes this was actually the best. The food and dining experience was excellent and breakfast was outstanding .Our room overlooked main street and having grown up on just such a street in the 70 s it was special. After dinner we had a great time in the elegant bar area chatting to other equally happy guests and really appreciated Nevan making time to join us. A genuinely relaxed time without the stuffy aspects of other dining with rooms experiences. In terms of value it was beyond price I would recommend staying as this made the experience! For all those Cavan ex pats the boxty is great!

Room Tip: Our room was at the front but Blacklion is a quiet place and there was no noise issue.
1  Thank F B
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have nothing to say about how wonderful MacNean House is that hasn't been said. The food is amazing, the place is spotless and the staff are lovely and helpful.

Yes it is expensive but well worth the treat.

I would make a suggestion - there wasn't a tray in our room for the tea. We didn't have any glasses in the room and a small bin in the bedroom would have been handy. Not having these did not in any way take anything away from our experience.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have stayed and eaten in alot of fantastic places but this is the first time I have ever been compelled to write a review.Neven Maguires "Mc Nean House" is an unbelieveable experience.First of all the service is fantastic, from the moment you enter until you leave the staff will accomodate you in every single way, they are friendly and knowledgeable. Beautiful surroundings- intimate with a great atmosphere. And then theres the food ...ohh the food.How this place has not got a michelin star is beyond me!The food was indescribable, the best meal I have ever eaten it was simply STUNNING!!! Iam sitting here at work the day after and I am just about to ring and make a booking for the nearest possible slot available.This is one of those experiences you have to do before you die!

2  Thank Colin R
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Spent one night - will definitely return. The rooms are decorated beautifully and there are yummy homemade cookies in the room too!

We had dinner in the restaurant too. We went for the 9 course 'Prestige' Menu and it was a real treat. The staff are attentive and knowledgeable, I couldn't fault anything. The food was exceptional and Neven even came out between sittings to make sure every guest had an opportunity to express their thoughts on the evening! He was very humble and charming.

Breakfast was top notch too - don't skip it if you get the opportunity to stay

2  Thank ruadh_ruadh
Reviewed 5 September 2011

It's hard to know where to start with a review for MacNean House ebcause everything was fantastic and all deserves to be raved about.

I've travelled all over the world and eaten in many places but MacNean is beyond doubt the best ever. The room we stayed in was a fantastic size with the most comfortbale bed I've ever slept in. Also free homemade cookies in the room!

The staff are 2nd to none there is nothing they could and would not help with. They are so friendly and really do seem to love their jobs and it comes across so well when they are speaking about Neven and the food and the area

The the food. What can i say but WOW. We ate from the dinner menu on Friday and were just having mains and a cheese board. But you also get the most wonderful breads, a broccolli soup to die for (I don't even like broccoli) A Pineocolda Tiramisu and then handmade chocolates at the end!

The next night we had the Prestige menu which was 9 courses of pur heaven, every part of every dish was packed with flavour and simply to die for. Each dish was amazingly presented and explained when put on the table. We also went with the wine selection which again was explained brilliantly to us.

I live nearly 3hrs from Blacklion and I'd easily travel double that to experience this again! So for anyone that loves food and thinks customer service is dead, try MacNean house because it will blow you away!

2  Thank SteveWhite81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacklion
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen
Riverside Hotel
Riverside Hotel
#2 of 8 in Sligo

Been to MacNean House & Restaurant? Share your experiences!