“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blacklion
MacNean House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blacklion
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed here and dined in the restaurant a few weeks ago. Beautiful food great friendly service and fantastic accomodation. Nice touch with Neven coming out from the kitchen to meet the guest after dinner. All round great experience. The only slight negative is the expense but in saying that you do get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Carlow
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Dined in Mac Nean last weekend thanks to a dear friend who booked it as a (big) birthday treat! We were not staying over as the waiting list for the pleasure of this is almost a year.... and now I know why. From the moment we walked in the door this was a truly sublime experience..one I simply could not fault in any way. The staff, the ambience, the setting not to mention the heavenly food that emerged from that kitchen was all to die for. Neven himself took time to speak to all diners.... and signed a copy of his book for me to give to our teenage daughter when we told him she was a fan of his... gosh he totally has his finger on the pulse! Due to the big birthday this year I ve had the pleasure of dining in a few special places.... one of which was michelin starred.... well Mac Nean House left them all in the shade...the best by a mile!! Never mind the waiting list ..go and book it and spend the next ten months looking forward to it ,you won't be disappointed. Next time we'll be staying over!!!

2 Thank melcarlow
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed here for a night in one of the suites. It was my wedding anniversary and my wife made the reservation back in February. We had the taster menu with wine accompaniment. From the first dish to the last everything was a exceptional treat. I can't recommend this place enough. The only reason the restaurant doesn't have a Michelin Star is probably due to the Michelin men not being able to get a reservation. Cant wait to go back!!! Definitely the best restaurant I've every eaten in, in all my travels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tipperary
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had the pleasure of dining and staying here on a Friday night with friends. As the song goes “it’s a long way from Tipperary” and the journey was long but worth it.
The rooms are lovely, special touch having home made cookies in the room on arrival. Needless to say we ate them all. Dinner was at 6.30 and our orders was taken in the bar. We went for the dinner menu as we could not get everyone to agree for the prestige menu. (All the table has to partake in order to have this). Food was lovely. Service was excellent. We had our coffee in the bar and Nevin joined us. Such a lovely touch and such a nice man. Saddened to hear of his mum passing. He had a cheerful word and a smile for everyone. Made the experience so personal. The cookbooks are available to buy all personally signed if requested.

Breakfast was fabulous. The porridge a must have. Breakfast was a multitude of pleasures from fresh juices to porridge to scrambled eggs, bacon etc. Again all served up so well.

Thanks for the enjoyable experience – we will visit again soon when in the area.

1 Thank iggyTipperary
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My self and my wife and brother went for a sunday lunch in march.it was a present for my brother and best mate.we all enjoyed the whole expierence.great choice of menu and good value for money.i would highly recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank gleeko23
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This was a return visit as I was there this time last year & this time I wasn't disappointed either. MacNean House is the most wonderful place in terms of the food and the fabulous staff - I just can't fault it all. The staff are so pleasant and make you feel so much at home with their very calm approach. This calm atmosphere is certainly passed down by Nevin as is so unassuming
and it made my night that he had time to chat to all his customers even though the restaurant was buzzing- he has so much trust and confidence in his staff.
The room was spotlessly clean and the en-suite shower room was amazing with lots of fresh towels and toiletries.
I'll be back again for sure!!

Room Tip: I would suggest that if you are sensitive to noise then I would request a room at the back of the ho...