“Fantastic!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blacklion
MacNean House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blacklion
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

All I can say is that the 4 month wait for Sunday lunch at Neven Maguire's was worth every minute!!! The food was unbelievable - I would even dare to say the best ever - with the mango sorbet in my dessert being the absolute star of the show and Neven's mash has to be tasted to be believed!! By the way Neven we loved the new chairs in the dining room - the only problem is you don't want to get up!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sloe G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just had Sunday lunch at MacNean's and have been totally blown away yet again. Each time we visit we think things cannot get any better and they do!! Every single morsel that was beautifully presented to us tasted even better than it looked. Sunday lunch is just such amazing value at 39 Euros - it is unbelievable!!! What more can I say - I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Speedyreader
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Put this experience - dinner, bed and breakfast on your bucket list. It is simply superb. Food, service and atmosphere as good as it gets without any 5*or Michelin* nonsense. If you're looking for the real taste of Ireland this is where to get it. The food, welcome and attention from the staff and Neven himself was just second to none.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FermanaghKeys
BALLINA,MAYO,ROI
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Myself and my wife got to MacNean house recently as a treat for our anniversary. From the time we were greeted by the lovely Zara to getting the little tasters from Sharon (these people are most approachable and I'm a bugger for names I have to know who I'm dealing with) Then ordered the aul' pint from Raymond who assured me there was a flow on it! He wasn't lying. Only thing there is that you're well full after such an appetizing meal that you're only good for a couple of pints. Zara was gracious and experienced enough to advise us on the right wine so we did away with a good drop of that as well.
Might I just say that I was overly intoxicated as it was with the prospect of dining at my heros establishment but I was expecting it to more stuffshirt.
It was a dream experience from start to finish and I haven't come down yet.
The quality and style of service was to me awesome in itself. I felt like I was in Chelsea or somewhere well removed from my native land.
I have never experienced the warmth of service that I felt here in 4 or 5 stars in Paris. The genuine interest and warmth comes down the line to each member of staff that I encountered.
The same Sharon I found out her name inside was our assistant for most of the evening She is a delight and wowed us with an anniversary treat. I also had the beautiful experience of meeting Warren who seems to be Nevens eyes and ears in the restaurant and Natalie who may have been perhaps one of the youngest members of the team but genuinely helpful beyond her years.
The food to me was mesmerising,quite filling, always balanced,and so much of an assortment of mouth watering flavours and techniques. The intermittent touches and tasters were worth gold and then some. But the staff are the real stars here. The complement to the food re the knowlege and service is just so equitable.
We had the joy of meeting the so affable Neven afterwards who gives so generously of his time. One feels like a neighbour or a long lost friend. One of the most human of beings I could scarcely believe his manner or dedication This guy gives it all to his customers There's nothing left behind on the night. A mans man but with total humility and respect towards the ideals of his art. For that is where he is bringing art to the masses in a most normal and genuine fashion.
Thank you Sharon Zara Raymond Warren Natalie and the very discreet young man Liam? who made sure I found the loo! Not great on directions.
Thank you Neven for being Neven your work ethos and background are very evident.You absolutely raised our expectaions.
(Thanks to my beautiful thoughtful wife for such a marvellous treat!)

4 Thank RODDDERS
Dublin
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I were in the restaurant last night for the 6pm sitting. The experience was just first class. We had a drink before our meal in a very pleasant adjoining room before being shown into the main room. The food, the staff, the pleasant atmosphere and the genuine buzz in the room made the meal our best ever, we had the Dinner menu. There was loads of food, just the right portion size with a few tasters inbetween courses. We retired back to the adjoining room after our meal where Neven spoke to each and every customer at least once. All of the staff are knowledgable, courteous and pleasant. I considered the price to be worth every penny and can't wait to return.

1 Thank fintyflanagan
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

After 3 days of phoning we finally got through and got a cancellation.It is booked up months in advance. The whole experience from the moment we arrived until we left was superb.Warm welcome, great staff and a nothing is too much trouble approach.It was the little touches like a small bottle of milk for your room, cookie jar, great tea and coffee.The food is just out of this world.We opted for the tasting menu with wine and my shellfish allergy was no problem. You can pick and choose from the various menus to cater for any allergies. Nevin came out to discuss the menu and options available.Opted for dinner at 7 and we were still there at 10.30.Menu with wines gives you a chance to enjoy some lovely wines..Special thanks to Zara made us feel so welcome

Room Tip: We choose a junior suite (Room 18) which was superb and so spacious