“Fabulous”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blacklion
MacNean House & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blacklion
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Well worth the wait. Amazing evening meal- every course was outstanding. The service was wonderful and we were upgraded to a gorgeous room. Breakfast the next morning was also a real treat. Already looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Moycullen, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Found out last September we were going to visit MacNean House and I was very excited as they only open booking twice a year and it is so popular we were waiting from August to April to get there. The Day came and we arrived and were greeted warmly and shown to our rooms which were decorated in a modern country style. Even then we were handed a bottle of fresh chilled milk for our tea/coffee. We ventured down to the bar area where our drinks orders were taken and since my wife is pregnant she had the non-alcoholic option of a refreshing drink. Our orders were taken and we were then seated in the dining room which was beautifully appointed. There was an amuse-bouche of carrot and ginger mousse/puree. Then on to the starter, the continue and a palette cleanser before the wonderful main course. Every course was explained to us and the choice was cooked to perfection in 4 or 5 different ways. Then the dessert which was to me my favourite , i chose the signature Chocolate sensation, which i can assure you lives up to its name, but before that arrived we received a pre dessert - dessert which was delicious . After we finished our meal which took a leisurely 2 and a half hours, we were shown back to the bar area where we relaxed for a few hours in comfortable surroundings. When we retired to our room, we found the bed comfortable and slept a great sleep.
We woke the following morning and showered which i may say that the water pressure and the heat were way above standard for any other hotel. We were going for breakfast and found an Easter egg hanging off each door handle, thanks again Neven! Breakfast was great a real gourmet meal in itself. As we were relaxing in the reception area we got talking to the breakfast manager who offered us a quick tour of the cookery school which is a sight to see in itself. At checkout we were handed a complimentary copy or Nevins cookbook, which was signed!
On the whole we found the experience outstanding and will hopefully get back there again soon. The staff were so warm and welcoming best i have ever met!

Room Tip: Ask for a back room as the front rooms are on the main road even though it is a quiet village.
2 Thank ShaneGrimes
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Booked an overnight stay with dinner for our wedding anniversary. Superb service, staff & food. An amazing experience and an example if how hospitality should be done.
Shame we didn't get to meet the man himself to round it off !

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

All I can say is that the 4 month wait for Sunday lunch at Neven Maguire's was worth every minute!!! The food was unbelievable - I would even dare to say the best ever - with the mango sorbet in my dessert being the absolute star of the show and Neven's mash has to be tasted to be believed!! By the way Neven we loved the new chairs in the dining room - the only problem is you don't want to get up!

1 Thank Sloe G
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just had Sunday lunch at MacNean's and have been totally blown away yet again. Each time we visit we think things cannot get any better and they do!! Every single morsel that was beautifully presented to us tasted even better than it looked. Sunday lunch is just such amazing value at 39 Euros - it is unbelievable!!! What more can I say - I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Speedyreader
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Put this experience - dinner, bed and breakfast on your bucket list. It is simply superb. Food, service and atmosphere as good as it gets without any 5*or Michelin* nonsense. If you're looking for the real taste of Ireland this is where to get it. The food, welcome and attention from the staff and Neven himself was just second to none.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FermanaghKeys
BALLINA,MAYO,ROI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Myself and my wife got to MacNean house recently as a treat for our anniversary. From the time we were greeted by the lovely Zara to getting the little tasters from Sharon (these people are most approachable and I'm a bugger for names I have to know who I'm dealing with) Then ordered the aul' pint from Raymond who assured me there was a flow on it! He wasn't lying. Only thing there is that you're well full after such an appetizing meal that you're only good for a couple of pints. Zara was gracious and experienced enough to advise us on the right wine so we did away with a good drop of that as well.
Might I just say that I was overly intoxicated as it was with the prospect of dining at my heros establishment but I was expecting it to more stuffshirt.
It was a dream experience from start to finish and I haven't come down yet.
The quality and style of service was to me awesome in itself. I felt like I was in Chelsea or somewhere well removed from my native land.
I have never experienced the warmth of service that I felt here in 4 or 5 stars in Paris. The genuine interest and warmth comes down the line to each member of staff that I encountered.
The same Sharon I found out her name inside was our assistant for most of the evening She is a delight and wowed us with an anniversary treat. I also had the beautiful experience of meeting Warren who seems to be Nevens eyes and ears in the restaurant and Natalie who may have been perhaps one of the youngest members of the team but genuinely helpful beyond her years.
The food to me was mesmerising,quite filling, always balanced,and so much of an assortment of mouth watering flavours and techniques. The intermittent touches and tasters were worth gold and then some. But the staff are the real stars here. The complement to the food re the knowlege and service is just so equitable.
We had the joy of meeting the so affable Neven afterwards who gives so generously of his time. One feels like a neighbour or a long lost friend. One of the most human of beings I could scarcely believe his manner or dedication This guy gives it all to his customers There's nothing left behind on the night. A mans man but with total humility and respect towards the ideals of his art. For that is where he is bringing art to the masses in a most normal and genuine fashion.
Thank you Sharon Zara Raymond Warren Natalie and the very discreet young man Liam? who made sure I found the loo! Not great on directions.
Thank you Neven for being Neven your work ethos and background are very evident.You absolutely raised our expectaions.
(Thanks to my beautiful thoughtful wife for such a marvellous treat!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RODDDERS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacklion
Lough Erne Resort
The Enniskillen Hotel
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Customs House Country Inn

Been to MacNean House & Restaurant? Share your experiences!