Room : Beautiful, everything works and thoughtful touches like the toilet spray, big shower head, complete toiletries bag, the DVD player. Loved the outdoor shower downstairs!
View : Not breathtakingly nice but the view and the settings somehow gives out that calming experience for us. Very zen.
Facilities : Not much but it's enough for us. We'll just laze around the pool and big bath tub. When we get bored, the free DVD rental, cable TV and free wifi is enough to occupy our time. As an IT person, I applaud their very fast wifi connection. It didn't even disconnect once!
Service : What can I say that hasn't been said before in all other reviews? Excellent service, accommodating staff and friendly Resort Manager, Buss, makes us wanna return again. Point to note though, the driver we engaged to bring us ard Phuket is not that well-versed in English and is not good with recommendations. He keeps on insisting on bringing us to touristy places (or slaughter houses as we call it) and when asked for recommendations to a seafood restaurant, he brought us to a beach-side restaurant near Phuket town which he claimed is cheaper than Patong. A meal of Tom Yam Soup, Fried Rice, Phad Thai and 4 ice lemon tea costs us THB1200. That's not cheap! And we're bitten by mosquitoes throughout and the food sucks. We had eaten better Thai food in Singapore. We ate at a Patong restaurant the next day and a meal of Tom Yam Soup, Chicken Green Curry, Beef with Basil, Mixed Vege, White Rice, Beef Macaroni and 3 Mineral Water costs the same THB1200. That's so much cheaper! And all this at an air-conditioned restaurant. The food was great! My theory? I think the driver got a commission from the restaurant to recommend tourists there. Totally regret eating there.
Location : A bit far away from Patong and other touristy places but that's exactly what we want. Being near Patong would mean being near to the rowdy crowd like the group of China tourists we encountered who was very loud and uncouth. The tourists staying at VZ are mainly Caucasian and Korean couples with maybe one or two small kids. We went with my kid and my baby. The serenity of the resort is perfect for families like ours
Final Word : Go there if U want serenity. U will love it. Don't go there if U wanna in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Patong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and Intimate, nested on the heart of a hill overlooking the Andaman Sea. The Villa Zolitude, hidden in the hillside exotic jungle. Whilst tropical oasis has an air of rustic charm, it is as luxurious and sophisticated as you could wish.Each exclusive cottage is an exotic fusion of earth and Moroccan luxurious touch; a level of sophistication, stylish in accommodation and service that vividly contrasts with the primeval environment. Game drives and excursions are arranged to meet the wild life at close quarters and guests can explore their own roots, the pearl of Andaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Villa Zolitude Resort And Spa Phuket/Chalong, Thailand