We enjoyed 5 beautiful days at the peaceful Villa Zolitude. The villas are dotted on a hillside just 5 minutes off the road from Phuket Town to Kata Beach, but light-years away from the busy beach resorts, hustle and bustle of other parts of Phuket.
All villas are spacious and have private pools which are a good size (circa 15 sqr meters) with private deck and sun beds. We asked for a secluded villa which we certainly got (110) although that did mean 58 steps up from the road - good to work off those full breakfasts though! There are villas closer to the paths that snake through the premises so make your request carefully. Because the resort is on a hill most things you need are either up or down hill so the resort provides a free shuttle service. We thought this might be a problem but it really wasn't - Dial 0 on the room phone and a man in a little van is with you in just a few minutes to whisk you (up in our case) to breakfast!
Once up the 58 wooden steps, the Villa was on one level with lounge area including worktop, small sink, fridge (with complimentary, water soft drinks and a couple of beers per day) , kettle etc. and access to the deck through patio windows. The bedroom was a good size with large comfortable bed. Large double sink with separate toilet, spa bath and shower (very large!) located behind the bed. Theres a TV in the lounge and bedroom but you don't come here to watch TV. I believe the grand villas are over 2 floors and have a bigger deck and area for the extra 2000 or so Baht per night.
There is just one restaurant serving meals throughout the day. Breakfast was an impressive affair and all you could really ask for (except of course for great sausages which eludes all of the far east in my experience :-( ) We ate Dinner in the restaurant a few times and the food was of a high standard although portions perhaps on the small side? The menu was varied with asian, european and red meat dishes (imported steak etc).
The main infinity pool is a very peaceful place with a few sun beds and views over to Phuket Town and the southern coast. It was very peaceful and not used a lot as most guests are out for the day or using their own private pools.
The hotel has its own taxi arrangements which take about 15 minutes to come (600 Baht to Patong, 300 Baht to Phuket Town - one way). As is the way in Thailand the driver is happy to wait for you at no cost to ensure he gets the return fare.
Staff across the hotel are amazingly friendly, efficient and genuine. Thank you to all of you for making our stay so pleasant.
So if your looking at a bit of luxury and privacy away from the crowds look no further than Villa Zolitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and Intimate, nested on the heart of a hill overlooking the Andaman Sea. The Villa Zolitude, hidden in the hillside exotic jungle. Whilst tropical oasis has an air of rustic charm, it is as luxurious and sophisticated as you could wish.Each exclusive cottage is an exotic fusion of earth and Moroccan luxurious touch; a level of sophistication, stylish in accommodation and service that vividly contrasts with the primeval environment. Game drives and excursions are arranged to meet the wild life at close quarters and guests can explore their own roots, the pearl of Andaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Villa Zolitude Resort And Spa Phuket/Chalong, Thailand