We stayed at this hotel and the manager Oui was very helpful, courteous and spoke / communicated in English very well.
They had another German staff member, a young girl by the name of Beatrice who at times I was shocked to learn was actually a staff member.
We arrived at our hotel at midnight, the security guard escorted us to our room. He was very courteous, barely spoke a word of English but was very humble and sincere.
In the morning no one called us or checked up on us to see how we arrived and if everything was ok and our welcome drink was never provided - we had to ask for it. So when we went to the front desk, Beatrice was sipping on cola. She looked up at us and we waited to be greeted, failing that, we initiated the conversation by "well...hello to you too". She finally got the cue that it's her job to greet people and welcomed us in the resort and tried to explain the breakfast menu. Basically we are entitled to continental breakfast but you can choose to not get that and get other stuff but they wont tell you if you have gone over or under your allocated amount for the continental breakfast meal.
We dont eat pork and we stayed there for 5 days and had almost the same breakfast daily. On the third day, after taking our order daily, Beatrice gives us food with bacon. Her incompetence and demeanor was a big let down for us - she didnt care - but the other Thai night shift manager Oui makes up for everything that the German ruins during the day. Oui helped us get a scooter when they had run out and she helped us to book activities and although super busy she always had a moment to spare to customers.
The location of this resort is also THE MOST dodgy entrances that we have ever encountered. It is dark, poorly lit, very narrow and there are dogs everywhere. At night, we were afraid to return to our own resort by foot or be dropped outside on the main road by our trip operators!!
On the last night, we arrived our hotel from the day's trip to the James Bond Island and were hungry. Fearing the dogs and the dark, dodgy area that this resort is in, we ordered food from the hotel and avoided walking out. We were called to restaurant where the food was left open on the table for us. We ordered two chicken curries and rice.
The next day we checked out - and to try something new we ordered something other than the continental breakfast: we ordered from this resort an omelette with mushrooms, and tomatoes, rolled up with cheese on top... all was good until we arrived in Bangkok ... that night we had stomach cramps, got dehydrated due to diarrhea and vomits. We spend that next whole day in Bangkok just being miserable in bed. It took us 30 hrs to recover.
Unfortunately for us, Palm Garden Resort with the German staff, the food and its location just left a very negative impression on us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Having only 24 Thai-style bungalows, situated in a beautiful garden close to Chalong Pier, ensures an individual service that will make you feel at home right away. Each air-con cottage's creature comforts include a mini-bar, safe deposit box, TV, a private covered terrace and a hammock for those inclined to snooze a lazy afternoon away. The resort-owned diving centre offers diving courses from beginner up to instructor level, as well as a wide variety of dive trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Palm Garden Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Garden Resort Phuket Hotel Chalong
- Palm Garden Resort Phuket Chalong, Thailand