“Thai food for Thais”

Price range: US$5 - US$500
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant frequented mostly by locals, a real find. There are a few restaurants with same or similar name, all part of the same group. The one we went to was called Kan Eang 2.
melbourne australia
“Thai food for Thais”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were thrilled to arrive at this restaurant and find it filled with Thai families eating together on a Sunday night rather than the majority of the restaurant being filled with tourists. We knew the food was going to be authentic. As a previous reviewer mentioned the English of the staff is limited. We were using our fairly limited Thai vocabulary a lot. This shouldn;t stop you going though. Pointing to what you want is fine. If you are trying to explain it to a driver Kan Eang 2 in Thai is pronounced phoenetically- Kan Eng (not Eang as we would say it) Song (which is number 2 in Thai) Kan Eang @pier is more popular with tourists but not as good and more expensive. We will go to Kan Eang 2 every year when we visit Phuket as it is the best Thai food we had there.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is a great location to relax by the sea. The food is good, but the serving staff seem very lazy and never smile .
I have problems at many restaurants now with unhappy thai staff who just seem to not care .
Will try again, but not sure !

Queensland Australia
“Nice meal, but not probably won't return”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had quite high expectations for our meal. Greeted on arrival and assisted to place order, but when food came the waiter had no English and was unable to tell us which meal was which, it was quite confusing. The snapper in Kan Eang sauce was filleted and very unique flavour so we ordered a second plate, but king prawns quite tasteless and disappointing considering they were approx AUD $10 each. I think next time I will try restaurant in Rawai Beach.

Visited January 2014
Singapore
“Nice Thai seafood with a view of Chalong Pier!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Location can be easily accessible both from Phuket town & Road coming from Patong via Rawai Beach... Just follow directional sign leading to Chalong Pier. Restaurant sign will lead you to carpark. Restaurant do take reservation booking, but I did a walk in on a Saturday night and they kindly put me a table near to the live band and the atmosphere is great with a nice view of the pier & sea.
Seafood menu selection was great and the style is mainly Thai Chinese ( reminds me of Bangkok's famous Somboon Thai seafood ) Service staff was wonderful, basically getting all our requests done. Steam live garoupa Thai style / Grilled tiger prawns & lobster / Oysters are fresh but small, presumably locally bred. Prices is reasonable comparing to the ripoffs seafood restaurants on Patong beach.
Overall, definitely a restaurant to come back again and again.

• Visited January 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Wow”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Good service great food...I had lunch here and we thought it was great we had the steamed fishballs I had snapper BBQ in coconut husk that was great and she had an awesome crab curry with steamed white noodle and bean sprouts....I kept stealing hers after I ate my fish lol... the drinks were also good....I say the price was average and well worth it... if you're in chalong I say try it