“Can hardly even rate this place”

Sandwich Shoppe Chalong
Ranked #58 of 95 Restaurants in Chalong
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Description: Cozy, friendly American coffee and sandwich place, with leather chairs, good music, great coffee, and legendary Thai-style hospitality. World-renowned expat hangout, run by American "For Dummies" author Woody Leonhard (Google!). Gourmet sandwiches, made your way. American breakfast, all day. Fast, FREE WiFi 24 x 7. Real lemonade. Fresh fruit smoothies. Egg MAX Muffins. Fabulous cakes, cookies, brownies, bagels, quiches, granola and extraordinary American style goodies from Khun Woody's Bakery - Phuket's Best Boutique Bakery.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have given this place a go mutliple times because their coffee is good. However, everytime I end up walkingout of there frustrated and ripped off. I have NEVER paid the price that was on the menu and they hve always gotten my order wrong, which I do not understand considering they have a menu that you mark a bubble for what you want. When I have tried to discuss this with them, they say I am wrong and have to pay. Or they stop talking to me. In fact most of the time they never talk to you anyways. Which pretty much tells me they don't want to be there, nor do they want you there. I am over it. I won't be going back. The service is not friendly and they charge you more than they should. Don't go.

1  Thank notthatpicky7226

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great made to order sandwiches that taste wonderful. Coffee is lovely and the place has plenty of parking and air conditioning . However the biggest downside to this shop is the staff they are rude, never smile and don't seem to care.

1  Thank Fiona F
Reviewed 8 February 2014

It is a little expensive and the staff are that helpful, but the food is always fresh and tasty. Plus so far it has been consistent unlike many other places in Chalong.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Cracking food. Unfriendly ignorant staff. I used to come here often last year, it was the same. Some training in customer service needed. But.....the sandwiches are still great!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Been in this place once as I was craving for a sandwich and it looked like the right place to go. As soon as I entered I was (not) welcomed by no smile and no words from the staff who seemed annoyed by a customer entering their restaurant. I sat down and they shouted me from behind the counter "no service".
The sandwich was really disappointing, the bread tasted as if it sat there for 3/4 days and the filling was really flat.
Never again!