“Good food, really bad service”
Review of Anchor Inn

Anchor Inn
Ranked #16 of 88 Restaurants in Chalong
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed easy dining in quaint and comfortable atmosphere
Jyvaskyla, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, really bad service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have been here 3 times and every time food is very good but the service.........
Its impossible to have smile or even response from staff.
If you want check prepare to wait it 15 minutes or just go to counter and pay there.
Worst service I have ever had in my life!
not the cheapest place but thai food is around 100-250tbh

• Visited February 2014

• Thai first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Anchor Inn Feb 2014”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Always a must eat place when in Chalong. Service on the whole is really good with the occasional grumpy waitress but the food makes up for that. The variety of cuisines is first rate and always a pleasure to go back again. My 4th year of visiting this beautiful part of the country and always recommend it to new visitors to Chalong.

• Visited February 2014
Phuket, Thailand
“Good food, worst service ever!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was recommended the Anchor Inn as it close to where I live and I was told they do great affordable food. I was even pre warned about the staff but I have lived in Phuket for 5 years and quite honestly I have never been met with more sour faced and miserable staff in all my life. I have to say my food was good, no great but perfectly fine but if you want to know if I would ever return, then my answer on the basis of the service would be "NO" there are plenty of places I can get good food and a smile and this is not one of them!

• Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Thai food long wait for Western food”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Try the Phat Thai. Good big portions. We had the prawn version. Tom Yum was good too and wasnt too spicy. They have many cooks there and Thai food was served fast. My daughter ordered western food for two days and for two days hers came the last. Guess leave it to the Thais at what they cook best. Thai food! I guess it wasnt polite not to finish your food but we were feeling mighty glutton on our second night there. Sadly the glutton in us made us have left overs. Much of it. The staff who cleaned the table had that why the heck you ordered so much and left this for me to clean you pigs face on her. In summary Thai food good. Finish your food lest youd be accuse of sinning gluttony

Phuket, Thailand
“Not so good”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We have dined here four times and each time it gets worse. The service is terrible. We got a stroppy ladyboy the last time we went and he was so rude. The food is quite good though but the bad service has put us off going here again.

• Visited December 2013