“Good food, some of the worst servers in the world” 3 of 5 bubbles

Anchor Inn
Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Chalong
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Relaxed easy dining in quaint and comfortable atmosphere
corringham
“Good food, some of the worst servers in the world”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We live near Anchor Inn and visit many times. The food is very good, but most of the waitresses are so bad. Honestly, they are the rudest people that I've ever met. They pretty much throw the menus at you, stand there trying to show you how much they are not enjoying serving you with their long faces, talk about you to the other staff and snatch the bill from you with no thanks.
The lady boy is the worst. He really wants you to know that he is in a bad mood. We mainly go there for takeaway now, but even then its a pretty bad experience.
I'm even supprised myself that I go back there. They should keep the kitchen staff and not the waitresses.

Visited March 2014

• Thai first
Jyvaskyla, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, really bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have been here 3 times and every time food is very good but the service.........
Its impossible to have smile or even response from staff.
If you want check prepare to wait it 15 minutes or just go to counter and pay there.
Worst service I have ever had in my life!
not the cheapest place but thai food is around 100-250tbh

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bath, United Kingdom
“Anchor Inn Feb 2014”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Always a must eat place when in Chalong. Service on the whole is really good with the occasional grumpy waitress but the food makes up for that. The variety of cuisines is first rate and always a pleasure to go back again. My 4th year of visiting this beautiful part of the country and always recommend it to new visitors to Chalong.

• Visited February 2014
Phuket, Thailand
“Good food, worst service ever!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was recommended the Anchor Inn as it close to where I live and I was told they do great affordable food. I was even pre warned about the staff but I have lived in Phuket for 5 years and quite honestly I have never been met with more sour faced and miserable staff in all my life. I have to say my food was good, no great but perfectly fine but if you want to know if I would ever return, then my answer on the basis of the service would be "NO" there are plenty of places I can get good food and a smile and this is not one of them!

• Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Thai food long wait for Western food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Try the Phat Thai. Good big portions. We had the prawn version. Tom Yum was good too and wasnt too spicy. They have many cooks there and Thai food was served fast. My daughter ordered western food for two days and for two days hers came the last. Guess leave it to the Thais at what they cook best. Thai food! I guess it wasnt polite not to finish your food but we were feeling mighty glutton on our second night there. Sadly the glutton in us made us have left overs. Much of it. The staff who cleaned the table had that why the heck you ordered so much and left this for me to clean you pigs face on her. In summary Thai food good. Finish your food lest youd be accuse of sinning gluttony