“Elephants!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Siam Safari - CLOSED

Siam Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: Book directly via Siam Safari's website for best rates and promotions. Siam Safari operates nature tours in Phuket with over 25 years experience and is the only Royal Thai Government Certified Elephant Camp in Southern Thailand, which guarantees that our elephants are well taken care of. In the interests of guests' safety, we only use female elephants on our elephant trekking tours.
San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Elephants!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We had a fun day. The guide was knowledgeable. The show was cute. I enjoyed feeding the elephants. The elephants seemed well taken care of. Our elephant was a little older so not as quick as the younger ones. The views of Chalong Bay were beautiful. I am glad we went with this tour and would recommend them.
The one thing I would say is do not waste your money on the 45 minute tour. The trails are separate but run closely, and even though we were supposedly on a longer trail we finished within minutes after a 30 minute group. Our time from start to finish was 36 minutes. While we did enjoy the tour I don't think you really need the extra time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must to do in Phuket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a 1/2 day tour. Includes 1/2 hour elephant trek, feeding elephants, baby elephants, buffalo ride, thai curry cooking and tasting, coconut oil tasting, rubber tree demonstration. Lots to do for the whole family. Lunch including which was great and they really seem to look after and care about the elephants. Guides were also very good and informative. A must to do in Phuket.

2 Thank Kristie K
Bendigo, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This was a very informative day. Our guide Oo Oo was very good. We were shown how they prepare and use coconuts, and how they grow and prepare the rice. Had an enjoyable ride on the elephants, and a nice meal afterwards.

1 Thank Cynthia B
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was the highlight of my trip to Thailand! Had a half hour elephant treck on a beautiful elephant called Jimlim. We also met a baby and a older elephant who painted a picture and played with a ball together. The animals are looked after very well and it was educational as well as fun. The elephants seemed very happy and it did not feel like there were there solely for entertaining tourists. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to meet and interact with the elephants.

3 Thank Hilary J
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good overall.. Siam Safari should take away the elephant circus act!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a very good day out, swift pick up (I would advise Siam Safari to use air conditioned vans for all of their pick ups as it is very hot) but I understand the Safari experience warrants using the Safari type lorries at times. A very educational and interesting tour of the use of coconuts, rice and tapping rubber in Thai culture. The coffee, Thai pancakes and buffet meal were very good also!! The elephant ride was very relaxing and my wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly. My only reservation was the circus act using the baby elephants.. Seemed quite cruel and I think the repetitive nature of the act does not do anything positive for such a young creature. Who wants to see an elephant painting or kicking a football? More natural acts would have been more appealing. Overall great staff and a good time :-)