“Second good diving experience with Vincent / Kiwidiver”

Kiwidiver Dive Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI is the largest diver training organization in the world and not just anybody can become a PADI 5 Star Dive Center. Kiwidiver is all about quality. We believe in offering our family of customers the finest dive gear, training and experience available. From Recreational diving to Technical diving and from Beginner to Professional Kiwidiver has something for everyone. Come and experience for yourself why so many of our customers come diving with us time and time again. Credit cards now welcomeLearn to dive in Phuket, Thailand with private dive guides and personal scuba trainers.. Regardless if you are a new diver or an experienced one, you can always rely upon Kiwidiver to provide top quality training, dive gear and service. Kiwidiver not only do all the usual diver training we specialize in PADI Specialty courses with over 30 different PADI Specialties available including all the latest PADI courses, PADI Sidemount Diver, PADI Rebreather Diver & PADI Self reliant Diver.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I learned PADI openwater diving with Vincent a year ago, and chose to come back to him for a recreational dive while visiting Phuket. He organized everything in the day from pick up at 7AM to drop off at 6 PM at the hotel.

The site was amazing, the anemone mountain was beautiful, and we saw some blacktips swimming about and a couple of seahorses. He also was prepared and organized to get out to sites first before other divers would swarm. The boat trip to the dive site was long, and the food could have been better, but I understand it's unavoidable.

All in all, a good trip and highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just returned from a holiday in Thailand and very happy we selected Kiwi Diver for our diving activities. In a nutshell, the Tripadvisor reviews are spot on. They are a fantastic dive team and I would highly recommend them. I will certainly be using them again when I return to Phuket.

I emailed the Kiwi Diver team prior to our arrival to plan our dives and Deep Dive Specialty. Nitty responded quickly to our emails and provided all the info we asked for. She also made various suggestions of how best to achieve what we were after when our plans changed. I was also impressed when Kiwi Diver were able to arrange an additional Dive Instructor for the following day to teach my son the OW course - my son decided he wanted to take the OW course literally when we were in the Kiwi Diver office filling in the forms the night before the Deep Dive course began, and they were able to get the instructor there for him the next morning at 8am.

Vincent Moy instructed on our Specialty. He is a fantastic, professional instructor who is extremely passionate about diving and really knows his subject. He builds his student's confidence, makes each dive a safe, interesting and enjoyable leaning experience. He knows the dive sites inside out and was able to navigate us around the best places the sites had to offer, whilst also keeping us away from the rest of the crowd. It was interesting to note that when Vincent stopped to look at something, other instructors & DMs would come over to see what he had found. At the end of each dive Vincent also stripped down and cleaned off all our kit, with a cheerful reminder that we were on holiday and that we should leave him to it.

My daughter & I were diving Nitrox (we had 2 tanks/day at no extra cost). Kiwi Diver use pre mixed 32% and I was very happy with their safety and adherence to process around Nitrox. Because Kiwi Diver believe so much in the benefit of Nitrox diving, they offer a free Nitrox course, with the student only being charged for the cost of the PADI book plus the cert costs ... Too good an offer to miss, so my son also came back with a EANx certification as well as his OW.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I love diving. I thought I was fanatical. No - these guys are undoubtedly the best and most devoted I have come across. Vince and Kevin should have their pictures in the Dictionary under Expert Divers, they are not only passionate and reak of enthusiasm, they are also remarkably efficient, have more relevant qualifications between them than I could count, all traits which seem infectious. I reccomend these guys to anyone wanting more than a simple brainless openwater course. I can't say enough - tech experts, rebreather courses, instructor courses, Clearly they are the go-to guys for anyone wanting to get serious about diving. And they seem to know Phuket inside out, overflowing with high quality advice and tips. These guys have it covered.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Did three dives off Bida Noi/Yai and Anemone Reef with Vincent/Kiwi Divers. Vincent took us on some unobvious routes, which helped us see some really cool fish (4-5 black tips) and also avoid other divers. For the most part, we didn't see anyone else. He also did an excellent job explaining the dive site, making sure we were safe, getting long dives, and pointing out fish. Am looking forward to the photos/videos he shot as well... I was pretty happy with the gear we rented from Kiwi Divers as well, Vincent set everything up for us, which made surface time relaxing.

The boat we took out was large, full and the food wasn't so great. But we understand this is somewhat of a necessary evil if you want to dive from Phuket, since the larger boat is faster. It did seem that we were the first dive boat out to the site, which took about 2 1/2 hours. And a larger boat has better restrooms and freshwater showers...

Definitely 5 stars for Vincent and Kiwi Divers.

1  Thank FlashpackSSA
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It has been 6 months since I had dived with re-breathers dive gear. I looked into the next level of skill and noted that I required at least 20 re-breather dives to proceed to the next level. I queried Kiwi Divers and it was recommended that I dive intensively with Vincent Moy at 3 dives a day for 5 days.

Execution of the plan was not absolutely perfect. Our ride to the boat did not arrive and there was some confusion with who was actually picking us up. All in All the dives went off with a few minor annoyances which we addressed together. A common problem was a C1 error during the pre-breath. After the first two events, Vince hypothesised that the cause was the fact we were expending a lot of effort and moisture condensing inside the sensors. To eliminate the problem from recurrence, he would open the electronics dry out the area around the electronics unit and sensors. This appeared to have its effect with a drop in the number of C1 errors. In fact, almost an elimination.

Conditions during the dives were variable from reasonable seas and visibility through heavier seas and poor visibility conditions. The objective was to hone skills and I got more situations to deal with from poor visibility, strong currents. Vincent Moy with his local knowledge, navigated us to areas with less wave and current. Minimizing our effort and discomfort.

I have had some interesting dives including my first encounter with sharks. A pack of 4 came by to check us out during the 5 meter safety stop. One was a large black tip shark. Vince my dive buddy chased the sharks with his camera. Vince was always checking back to see if I was OK with the sharks around. I was too busy trying to track Vince and the sharks. The second encounter, in much lower visibility, was with a pack of at least 3. I had the presence of mind now to start the video to show Vince filming the sharks. My video shows at least 3 of them while Vince’s video captured the largest only.

Winter dives are superior with good conditions and visibility. Summer dives allowed me to learn to manage and cope effectively with less than ideal conditions. Overall it was a dive week well worth the effort.