“GREAT TRIP”

Phuket Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With so many choices of fishing boats and various standards and prices, it is difficult to find the right operator for your fishing style and budget. I have been in the industry for 13 years and have local knowledge of every boat and crew in the Phuket Fishing fleet. My budget private charters start at only 12,000 baht and range through 23,500 baht and up to luxurt sports fishing vessels at over 100,000 baht per day.My fleet caters for the dedicated deep sea game fisherman and to those preferring a nice day on the water with a mix of fishing, snorkeling and island hopping. The choice is yours.For join-on day trips there is a choice of budget 2,100 baht for the (up to) 12 person boat sharing, holiday outing "not so serious" with the local Thai fishermen or for 3,500 baht trip for the top of the range fishing excursion with tournament standard equipment and crew.Multi-day trips for dedicated fishing or fun boating to the closer islands of Racha Yai and Racha Noi and to world famous Similan Islands are popular also.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT TRIP”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked this trip through Steve through a few emails and texts. All handled very well and efficiently. I chose to drive to Chalong rather than get the pick up but the rest of the party turned up right on time.

The girls in the office were very efficient. Coffe on arrival and the simple form was easy to complete. Morion sickness tablets are available at the office which wasva nice touch.

We had a small group (5) and the fishing guide spoke a little English which was good. No hassle getting along the pier and onto the boat. Lotsvos soft drinks and water available and you could buy beer at the office prior to getting on the boat at a reasonable price.

We started fishing about 45 mins after leaving the pier. Six lines out very efficient. The motion sickness tablets came in handy as it was a little rough but nothing too drastic. The boat decks are a little slippery when wet but lots of handrails to hang on to.

The catch was ok. One Dolphin Fish, a few skipjack and some yellow tails. The other boat got a sail fish of about 20kg. Could always do with more fish but that's why its called fishing and not catching.

Only one very small moan is that I booked this as a fishing trip. I didnt realise we would stop for an hours swimming and snorkelling at lunch so I didnt take any togs! This was not an issue and if I had really wanted to swim I could have gone in in my shorts.

Great lunch eating some of the fish caught. It was also great to watch the fishing guide making sail fish lures from the belly flaps of the tuna.

Sorry cant recall the guides name but he did a great job. Well done Steve, great day and I will definately book again next time we are in Phuket.

Visited July 2014
PhuketFishing, General Manager at Phuket Fishing Charters, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thanks for your time to call me and also to take the time to review Phuket Fishing Charters on TA. It is always nice to get positive feedback and when my customers have a great day, I feel I have done my job and take great pleasure in passing the good comments onto the deserving boat crews and office management teams.
My company also benefits as these reviews help with my score and rating in the Thailand Tourism Awards 2013-2014.
Yes all join-on/shared boats stop for one hour for lunch, cooking the morning catch and a quick swim, bring your swimming gear next time and top up that Kiwi winter tan...ha ha!
If any readers are wanting to fish, fish and fish all day, for the private boat charter, you can elect to eat lunch on the go without the break.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A special day”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A short note to let others know that Steve at Phuket Fishing Charters did a terrific job for us last weekend. It was hard to decide which boat to get after our hotel desk advised me on some boats. The worry was that they just didn.t know anything other than the price and a photo. A check online I found some sites for worldwide fishing booking but they were not even in Thailand and knew nothing also about local things. Then I found that some boats they showed did not know these sites had them listed????
I called Steve and he was right up with all of the info,choice of the boats, the crews differences, the best area, current ctches, and promised to keep us up to date on the local weather. BTW, this differed from the hotel reports often but he was right, the hotel had really no idea. Steve explained that it was more important to watch the wind for wave heights than sunshine. Makes sense.
The boat was just as photos showed and the day was very good, with top Shimmano gear, lines and lures fresh and no doubt the Captain knew what he ws doing. Nice guys in crew too though cannot remember name sorry.
Picked up a few tuna in the morning then after lunch landed and released 2 sail fish and 2 others "got away". Actually it was One of the best days I have had for a while so I had to do a return favor to steve particularly when we got a better boat that the tour desk ( and the one outside on the street) tried to sell me, advised us to wait until some weather passed through, paid a good rate and had a memorable day with "tight lines"
For fishing in Phuket call Steve ,he knows what is happening.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jonno B
Hi Jonno
That was great to catch up at the pier on your way back, sorry I couldn't join you for dinner.. family duties you know.
I forgot to tell you that these reviews go a long way to support my chances to win a Thailand Tourism Award 2013-2014 with the Thailand Awards of Excellence program. This will go well with my Trip Advisor Excellence Award!
See you next time and don't forget to come and try my new tour SASUBA hookah diving at Coral Island. I will have (the first in the world) hookah diving with full face masks so you can breathe through your mouth and nose as nature intended and speak to each other under the water. Amazing new technology.
Steve A.
Patong, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Phuket Fishing Charters”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just a quick note to score your company 10 out of 10.
We were a bit aprehensive as the"girls" and the kids were coming, previously it was an all guys day but everybody had a great time and caught fish...................some of which we later ate!!!
Pick up was on time at our villa (which is hard to locate on the hill overlooking Patong)
The driver was really patient with our wives and kids who wanted to take "everything" with them, just in case, so armed with pills, cameras,arm bands and waterproofs we set off.
There was loads of room on the boat, the lines were all baited for us through the day(which was the main worry for my missus) and the Captain knew where the fish were.
Best moment was hooking a Barracuda, which fought like hell for a change and looks fearsom in the photo.
Thanks to Steve and his organisation for a great days fishing.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank mickspider
Hi Mick,
hey mate, 10 out of 10!! Big thanks, I wish I could have gotten that score in my senior high school exam. My Dad would have bought me the car I wanted. Well a new bike maybe!
Apoligies for my late response, I am not good on the computer and tend to keep putting these things off. Get me out on or under the water anyday however I am in the leading run for a Thailand Excellence Award in Thailand Tourism Awards so I have to move my butt and get typing.
A Thailand Tourism Award will go well with my Trip Advisor Excellence Award so I sincerely thank you for your time to send a review and of course for choosing Phuket Fishing Charters.
See you next time you are in Phuket and if you have a spare day, come to my world first, new SASUBA snorkeling/ hookah diving tour to Coral Island. I will have the amazing new technology full face diving masks with underwater intercom supplied with air from the surface to about 6 meters max. This is why it is called SASUBA..Surface Air Supplied Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Check it out.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great day out on the water”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

After a few emails back and forth discussing our needs with Steve we booked a charter for the 24th February 2014. Steve was great to deal with and having been in Thailand for over 15 years provided great information honestly and freely based on his extensive experience, he also was able to cater to almost any need we had for the day.

We booked the 56ft launch Thai On II for a days fishing and fun, The boat was very spacious with a big fly bridge and a large deck area. Plenty of room to sit and enjoy the view upstairs or in the cabin. The ammenities were on par with what you would expect in Thailand and the boat was in fair condition, it had been well used as you would expect from any charter game boat. The boat was fairly stable but we had light conditions, in a bit of swell and wind some might find it a bit rock and roll if they are light on the stomach and heavy on the burley.

With 11 noisy Aussies who enjoy a few refreshments with thier fishing, it was always going to be a challenge to cater for everyone. Not the best time of year for big fish but we managed to catch a skinny 70ish cm Mahi Mahi on the way out to Ko Racha Yai and a double hook up of Bonito on the way back home. The fishing gear was all reasonably high spec and in good condition. We ran 6 lines all day with no tangles, the deck hand appeared to know his stuff and was pretty competent rigging the skip baits and setting the outriggers and lure distances.

We anchored for lunch at Batok Beach. We had a great afternoon swimming and snorkling with 40ft+ visibility. Lots of small fish to look at but we were anchored in the middle of the bay so the bottom was fairly sparse, snorkling along the cliff edge might give some better views. We opted to stay anchored for a few hours and swim, we did try to ask about doing some bottom bashing but communication was a bit difficult with the captain and we were happy with the refreshments. I must also say that the lunch provided was excellent, we had fish and chicken and some yummy salads with no belly rumbles afterwards. There was more than enough to feed 11 hungry blokes.

Transfers to and from Patong were organised by Steve and were punctual, clean and air conditioned. Overall a great experience, we will definately be looking to use Phuket Fishing Charters again next time out. Thanks for a great day out Steve.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Michael S
Hi Michael,
Sorry for slow response, I have to confess I am slack on the computer, get me outside of the office and I am a different person, happier too!
"Thai On" is the perfect boat for your type of day and no other private charter boat in Phuket has the space and facilities at the price. Every guest who I can meet after the day expresses their satisfaction at the layout of this boat for space and "traffic flow" around the main saloon and fishing deck and fly bridge.
I also appreciate your time to review as it will support my endeavour to win a Thailand Tourism Award 2013- 2014 to go with my Trip Advisor Excellence Award.
Thanks for choosing Phuket Fishing Charters and see you next time.
Taipei, Taiwan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good fishing day”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We booked the boat on Jan.30, 2014, driver picked up at 08:00, leave the pier about 09:00
we tried jigging and trolling and the catched is gret.
After 30minutes leving the pier, we started trolling all the way to jigging spot, catched about 15 tunas.
When arrive the jigging spot, due to fast water flow, we use 150g to 200g jigging lure, 50lbs carbon leader line, PE4 mail line.
water depth is from 50M~70M, captain work hard to find the fish and the radar shows all big fish are locate at the bottom.

We choose fast dive lure and it take about 30 seconds to hit the bottom. The most catched is about 5 meter from the bottom.

Fishinng guild is a nice guy with excellent cook, also the captain worked hard findinng fish for us.

After the day, we bring all catches to a restaurant and give all fishes to them, and get a free heavy dinner, that's really awesome.

Thanks Steve, thanks Wahoo, thanks all you guys arrange the nice day.

Johnny

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Johnnydu001
Hi Johnny
I have to come out with you next time if I get the chance I am sure you can teach me some new tricks ( if you are willing to share, ha ha).
Thanks heaps for choosing Phuket Fishing Charters, we do try to fit the best boat at the best price to each person's requested style of day. Yes and my close association with Wahoo, Thaion and the Thai local companies holds me in great stead to offer just about every boat at all acceptable standards and prices.
Wish me luck with the Thailand Tourism Awards 2013-2014 as I am hopeful to win a Thailand Award of Excellence to go with my Trip Advisor Excellence Award.
Phuket Fishing Charters