“Good place and reasonable price.”

The Pier Serviced Apartment
“Good place and reasonable price.”
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

@TapioTheMan if this place is such a horrible why did you stayed for six months?
Is this why your wife left you? Cos of your complaining about everything?
Your wife left you i get it, you have my sympathy but I don't think it fair that you take your bad marriage out on the place that you stay.

This place is the cheapest & cleanest Serviced Apartment that anyone could find in Chalong area.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank TapioTheMan007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangkok
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Here's why:
First of all, It is full of drunk and very loud russians, they love to talk and laugh after midnight in the hallways, some behave aggressive, some have 3 year old babies and put them out to hallway to cool down when they have a bad moment, it's nice to wake up to a crying baby at 7.30 AM and there's no-one who will stop it. The parents just don't care about neighbors. Calling reception is useless since they don't understand a word of english.

Internet is very, very, very slow (all the 6 months I have been here), and several times per day it disappears completely for up to one hour. I have asked several times about this, different explanations every time, but nothing ever changes. Ever. They have no interest what so ever to fix this. TVs don't work in any of the rooms (I've had 3 different), they explained the cable signal does not work with the TV sets....? Air conditioning breaks down very often, mine has been fixed 3 times, the repairmen also leave a nice mess in my room and I have to clean it up myself.

Sometimes on mornings there's no water coming to shower, not a pleasant surprise. In personnel only 1 person speaks english and he is not often here, the others don't seem to have ever heard English before. When the tsunami threat came earlier this year, I felt a slight earthquake and soon heard there were cars with loudspeakers driving on street, they broadcasted something in Thai language. I got worried and called several times to reception asking is there a tsunami warning or what the cars are broadcasting (turned out it was a tsunami warning telling to leave the area immediately), the girl did not understand a single word, she said with very bad english "I call back" and hang up the phone, 20 minutes went, no call came, I went down to see them at reception, to my surprise they had all fled, not single soul there. So much for taking care of the customers' lives.

There's supposed to be room cleaning, but if you have a towel around you when they knock the door, if you tell them "1 minute please" to be able to put some clothes on, they disappear and you have to wait days for the next time, this has happened now 4 weeks in row, no matter with what words you tell them to wait just a short moment. Also leaving the sign "Please clean up the room" on door has no effect what so ever, it's there when you come back, I have had mine left there for days. There is a guard by the parking area, but he is every night asleep when I pass him. I wouldn't leave my scoter there.

I stayed 6 months in this hotel, later found out a fellow in the other room paid 2000 Bath less than I even he stayed much shorter time. Asking discount went to deaf ears. It's easier to learn the Thai language than get discount here. To top the insult, when I was paying my last month before leaving home, I asked if I can pay only for the 2 weeks which I stayed that month, they said this is a monthly deal, sorry no discounts… so they charged me for 2 extra weeks after staying 6 months in the place!!!! Needless to say I will never ever stay in this hotel again! And I'm a person who is the very flexible and hardly ever complains about anything. I have learned my lesson. In this place all they want is your money... :(

Room Tip: There's no view on the first floor.