“Speechless!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chalong
Phuket Meditation Center
“Speechless!!!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just the most incredible experience truly........
I've wanted to do a spurital retreat with my mum for a while and this lived up to everything we hoped and more!!
Tobi and parn are so friendly and welcoming I had a great Thai massage with parn my first experience she is very professional and I very much enjoyed it always so friendly and full of smiles nothing was to much trouble!!!
Tobi...... What can I say so incredibly grounded in life I could listen to him all day I had quite a few light bulb moments I connected totally with everything he said my life truly has been touched!!! Every body needs a Tobi in there life how lucky am I to have his wize words, with me always!!!!
Loved getting up early to do meditations with the sunrise what better way to start your day??
Yoga was brilliant our teacher really helped me move on with my practice excellent !!!
The food was great really enjoyed the Thai cuisine!!!!
All in all an amazing experience !!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tamskabella
Dharana-Phuket, Owner at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thanks for your lovely Review, dear Tam!
We hope to see you again sometime soon! Have a great time and keep meditating well everyday :)
Warm regards,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 16 March 2013

After some research and emails back and forth to friends and family regarding spending a bit of money on a 14 day 15 night retreat, I did it. Thanks to the warm support and friendly nature of Parn and Tobi, along with two other wonderful guests, I eased into meditation my first week. This meditation retreat was a wonderful first step for someone like me who had never done much in the way of meditation or read any heavy literature surrounding it. As a teacher myself, I really appreciated the fact that Tobi asked you to practice on your own, as learning on your own can increase retention and understanding. Tobi never offered too much information with regards to "telling" me what to do surrounding my practice, rather gave helpful tips and advice when I ran into struggles and challenges. I really began to deepen my practice during my second week of the retreat. I so appreciate and value that I decided to do 14 days and 15 nights. It wasn't until the last day of my retreat that I realized the importance of mindfulness. Note: I would bold "I" in the previous sentence if I could. Mindfulness was missing in my life. I realized it was a major cause for my suffering.

The meals were wonderful. I actually ended up having smoothies for almost every meal during the last week of my retreat.

The resort area was clean and quiet... for the most part. There is a church across the street that likes to have jamming sessions every now and again. I used these jams in my meditation practice though and slept very well at night thanks to the "hum" of the AC.

The pool is wonderfully warm. There is a jacuzzi, but I found it a bit cold. The sauna was great. There were two when I was there, but only one was working at the time.

While I was on the retreat I received a wonderful massage from Parn. She really is gifted and a very kind person. I found her English wonderful because she was able to communicate with me and teach me the words in Thai I wanted to learn. I still use the Thai words I learned with my Thai friends when I speak to them. I also met with Dr. Gerald while I was there who is an expert in Traditional Chinese Medicine. He was very honest, kind and professional. He shared some wonderful information surrounding my health with me and I am currently using a recipe he created for me to bring harmony to my body.

There are other guests other than those on the retreat at the resort. I befriended a few, but I was pretty much alone most of the time I was there (by choice). I also befriended some of the staff at the resort and enjoyed practicing Thai with them and offering an English language lesson when I could.

Amazingly enough after my trip, and upon my return home, as I began to make positive changes in my life I was in an accident. What could have been a fatal one, turned out to be a less severe one. What was SO incredible was that I actually found my accident fascinating. I know this is going to sound totally nuts to some of you, but it was like watching a national geographic or BBC documentary, only it was real and actually happening to me. Now, the reason I'm writing about my accident isn't to say that if you go on this retreat you'll have an accident, rather to share that what you gain from this trip, this retreat, is a way to support yourself when life happens. Throughout my accident and the healing process I was mindful. Before this retreat my normal reaction to things would be to total freak out and imagine the worse. That did not happen. Instead, I acknowledged what was happening and how it was affecting my body. The crazy part is... and mind you I am an American and painkillers are handed out in my country like candy mints... I did not need any pain killers throughout my experience. Our minds are so freakin' amazing, people. Honestly, if I had insane amounts of money at my disposal and could give a gift to every member of my family and all my friends... the one gift I would want to give is a chance to learn from Tobi on this amazing retreat in Phuket (and it would have to be a 14 day/15 night journey to soak up every ounce of information and have time to practice).

I hope to continue being mindful and to keep practicing. I am just so grateful to all that's around me all the things I am able to experience and know. Nothing is permanent. Nothing is owned. Just enjoy what is there and chill. Do this retreat. If you're reading this, don't second guess yourself... just do it. Thanks! Have a wonderful day and fill it with love and kindness!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Norway-Mel
PhuketSamadhi, Inhaber at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Mel,
Thank you so much for your lovely review! You had an amazing time with us and you went through a deep transformation. This makes us really happy. Thanks for sharing it.
Sydney
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was a long weekend retreat that I squeezed into my schedule following overwhelming positive feed back on Trip Advisor. I just resonate what others have said. There's a very warm welcome and hospitality every step of the way, accommodation that is comfortable and reliable, very nice vegetarian meals... but the highlight is the morning teachings, the meditation excursions and evening Q&A and the opportunity for re-connection back with self. Tobi also provides guests with one on one sessions and these are invaluable in helping you with your personal challenges. The other guests were also fabulous company. I'm coming back for my meditation tune ups. Thank you Tobi and Parn for providing the opportunity to re-connect with my meditation and with me. Matt W

Room Tip: This experience is not about a first class beachfront resort holiday. The accommodation is reliable...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MattWSydney
PhuketSamadhi, Inhaber at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Matt,
We seriously look forward having you back here soon. It was a great time, a wonderful group and an unforgettable experience for us as well. Thank you for your kind words.
Best regards from Tobi and Parn
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

A truly rewarding and unforgettable experience. The location and surrounds were beautiful and Tobi and Parn were warm, welcoming and supportive.

Tobi is a wonderful teacher and I found his passion and outlook inspiring and humbling. At first challenging, I quickly adapted to and appreciated the quiet and relaxed approach to life and came out with a greater appreciation for the benefits of awareness and mindfulness.

It was truly a wonderful and life-changing experience and I hope to return one day.

Thank you Tobi and Parn!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Freya S
Dear Freya,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a very nice group and both of us, Parn and me, enjoyed your presence a lot. Remember to practice meditation - and we hope to see you back here soon.
Highlands, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My friend and I began our 5 country, 6-week travel journey by first flying from the U.S. to Bangkok, and then on to Phuket for a Yoga & Meditation Retreat. Our week, or so we thought, was to be 80% yoga practice with 20% meditation. It turned out to be just the opposite. For a split second we wondered how were going to make it through the week, but Tobi was intuitive to our concerns and we soon had a complete change of mindset. The first morning we got up early and went to a beautiful beach to meditate – a very powerful way to begin our week. There were several yoga sessions throughout the week, but the main emphasis was the importance of incorporating the practice of meditation into our daily lives. Tobi’s teachings were amazing and we benefited immensely from his meditation guidance. He possesses a wealth of knowledge, has a gift for teaching, and a passion for sharing his knowledge. Both Tobi and Parn are very kind and caring and Parn gives great messages! The resort itself is absolutely beautiful, surrounded by abundant native foliage. The meals served were all vegetarian and quite good. During our free time we enjoyed the pool, a welcome relief to the very warm temperatures. We adapted to and appreciated the quiet, relaxing life we were experiencing and it was sad to see our week come to an end. It was truly a wonderful life-changing experience and we hope to one day return to the beautiful island of Phuket and to the Meditation Center.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank travelover09
Both of you are lovely people. It was a great time having you here and we a re glad you like our program. You did fantastic and we are happy about your good results.
Best regards
Reviewed 30 November 2012

A very rewarding, humbling and special experience, Treated as family from arrival to departure. My daughter and I visited the retreat together, we are both unable to put into words how this changed our lives. To start the day early was never a challenge, visiting some of the most beautiful places .. Not a day goes by that we don't think about, appreciate and practice all of Tobi's teachings
Thankyou so very much to you Tobi and Parn, ( who I just wanted to bring home with me :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mlkratz
Dear two of you,
Thank you so much for this review. It makes us very happy to see how much you liked it here. You see, it is very important for us to offer a relaxed and family-like environment. That's why we are different I guess. People should feel at home, comfortable and welcome. Reading that you felt just like that makes us feel fantastic. Thank you!
Tobbi and Parn
Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 November 2012

When I arrived Phuket Meditation, I was sad, burnout both mentally and physically, and in poor health - which I was in need of relaxation. I did a 7-day retreat at the center hoping to work on my life.

Throughout the teachings, not only did Tobi attended to my emotional and spiritual well-being, but also guided me to the goals in my life through life-coaching session. Life-coaching was exactly what i needed at the time as I was lost in life and my career, and Tobi's teachings were very personalized and had guided me to look deeply into myself. He had also taughted me to restructure my life stepping towards my goals. now I see life from a different perspective.

The resort is a nice place with friendly staff and the vegetarian meal they prepared for me is perfect. Parn is very helpful and had made me feel comfortable and warm during the retreat.

I am very grateful that I have come across Phuket Meditation and met Tobi and Parn. I will definitely visit again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank mmmchua
What a wonderful review. Thank you very much! Many people feel that we offer lifechanging programs here. Can you imagine how happy we are about that fact? This is truly fantastic. Thanks for being a part of our little family and we hope to see you again soon sometimes
Tobi and Parn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
CC's Hideaway
Cocoville Phuket
Cocoville Phuket
#1 of 54 in Chalong
Coco Retreat Phuket Resort and Spa

Been to Phuket Meditation Center? Share your experiences!