“Air Conditioned Comfort”

Description: Also Contains Retail Wine Store
Chalong, Thailand
“Air Conditioned Comfort”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It's one of the few Air Conditioned Restaurants in Chalong, really nice on those hot & sticky nights.

You have the option of purchasing your own selection of wine from their large cellar which is adjacent to the seating area.

There's plenty to choose from and wine from many countries the pricing suits all budgets.

As good/great as the food was, service levels (on the night) were disappointing.

I had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bottle of beer, what was most frustrating is that I could see it sitting on the counter! I went and asked for it twice though had to wait until the staff were free to bring it to the table, by then it was warm.

Wine Connection incorporate a Service Charge (mandatory tipping).

Visited December 2013

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
“Awful Service”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just got back from "lunch" at Wine Connection in chalong which, for me, consisted of 1 glass of orange juice as my pizza never arrived, even after waiting 40mins because the "oven is not warm"!
I am a very patient person and had I been told from the beginning that the pizza would take longer to prepare for whatever reason, I would have changed my order. Instead, being asked to wait for 1min/2mins/5mins etc after having already waited 40mins was a very poor display of customer service. Luckily I convinced my friends to start their meals, or their meals would have been ice cold.
After politely telling the waitresses in both Thai and English, that we wanted to cancel the pizza order, we then requested the bill which also did not come until we got up to stand at the counter and wait for it.
Being in customer service myself and knowing the value of managing customers expectations to ensure a pleasant experience, I have to say that I was both shocked and extremely disappointed in what I saw and experienced today.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Megan W
Chalong, Thailand
“Not impressed at all”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Great location , plenty of parking and a great selection on wine . Those are my only positives. I ordered a caesar salad and I ate one bite it was awful . The wine was cold and lovely . The restaurant is air conditioned . So many staff but at lot of the time they are chatting behind the bar or on the their mobile phones. Considering the price not impressed at all

Visited April 2014
Phuket, Thailand
“It couldnt be worst !”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

have eaten there just half an hour ago ! which i will never ever go there one more time. I get the feeling of chain of restaurant must to be top of this kind of failed management if they want to keep their business for a long time. There were only 4 tables when we went in and 2 of them were already served and 2 tables with included us waiting for to order something to eat. Since we re locals and we all have limited time for a lunch we decided to go closest place to get something quick which was a mistake to choose Wine Connection, Chalong. They put a Sea Food Paella for 2 AS NEW ITEM !!! What a disappointing !!!! Let me start from the beginning. There were around 8-9 server waiting inside of the air con room for 2-3 tables. We ordered 2 pasta which one is the four cheese and other one is spg sea food and Sea food Paella. We mentioned that we want to eat all together and same time. Guess what first spg sea food served after 5 minutes four cheese pasta and and my friends finished their meals and i was the actually the one who ordered paella for everyone at middle and waiting for almost 20-25 minutes. As always the answer that we got from thai staff 1 minute, it coming, it coming with a laugh ! Luckily one guy (assuming) foreigner chef was coming out of the kitchen, I asked him is he the manager or chef and he said that he is a chef and I explained him about waiting for a long time he said to me let me check on it ( without acting any knowledge about what is sea food paella order ) We waited 5-10 minutes more and finally someone come in from the restaurant door while I was trying to talk with thai staff and asked how may he could help us ???? He was absolutely unprofessional and there was no knowledge about what he is coming from for food item that they serve !!!!I asked him kindly to cancel the order since all my friends finished theirs, he said he will not cancel it and we have to pay for it anyway !!! and they are making this dish as FRESH !! what a fool excuses, so other items you serve in your restaurant not MADE FRESH!!! What a rude mentality ?? Sea Food Paella its Mediterranean/ Spanish style dish which serve as 3 style of with sea food, sea food with meat, and only vegetables. Before we placed the order as what we have seen from menu was saying Sea Food Paella with chicken drumbs, calamari, shrimp,squid and spanish paella !!!! WHERE IS AT SAYING THERE IS A PORK/SALAMI or what ever you put inside !!!! This is how you print your menus and new items without putting what exactly comes with !!! Dont you know many people dont eat PORK products
because of their religions. It doesnt say anywhere on the menu that you are given ! Then, restaurant manager was trying to argue with us for the dish we were served comes with a pork !! Yes it can be served with a pork as long as you are make people be aware of it on your damn menu ! He told us again with a bad attitude if we do not eat he is going to void it and ask us to leave the restaurant ! Is this your guest service that you provide at your restaurant ! First this chain restaurant companies must to teach their managers and chefs how to make a menu with exactly ingredients as it says on menu and work on customer service skills more ! Will never go aand eat there again !!!

Visited March 2014
Jomtien Beach, Thailand
“Good dinner!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I went there and quite impressed as it was my first time there. Good designed restaurant and wine shop. It was not much close to the main road which was good that you will not worry about dust from the main road. There was plenty space for car park.

Food were good. I order pizza, green pasta, salad. They were good portion and reasonable price. There are lots of selection of import cheese, so good. You should not miss it if you are the cheese lover. Cakes option also nice!

Staffs were polite, but need to be more enhance about knowledge and interaction with the guest.

• Visited March 2014