Wine Connection Deli & Bistro - Chalong, Phuket
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Also Contains Retail Wine Store
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This establishment has quite a good range of imported wines from high top-end to daily quaffers. The turnover is good and the wines seem fresh, as opposed to some places (mini-marts etc)where the wines seem to have been sitting for too long. Good priced Chilean, South African and Ozzie wines are featured along with a good selection of local and imported beers situated in the Jungceylon food precinct: good for getting your byo before going out to eat.!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We returned yet again this year to sample the delights of this wonderful bistro come restaurant. They have a very good wine cellar where you choose your wine and iris then served with your meal (or take away if you prefer). The menu as always is extensive and although it is slightly more expensive than other local restaurants, this place really does cook amazing food. The meat literally fell off the pork ribs and the asparagus was perfectly cooked. Kids enjoyed the chocolate mousse so much we ordered another desert for them!

Very easy to find as it is on the chalong/pang nga road and lit up at night. Parking is right outside and the staff were great.

We will definitely be returning!

1  Thank Inglis1138
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The food was amazing, I had the crab bisque, it was delicious! The staff are friendly and service is fast. I cant comment on the wine as we didnt drink that night.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The first time that I went I ordered the lamb shank which was served to me stone cold. I sent it back to the kitchen and the 'chef' (said with tongue in cheek) reheated it in the microwave. The meal was then put in front of me again and the lamb was warm this time, But the potatoes and vegetables were cold by this time.

The second time that I went, I went with three friends. We all ordered the same thing (Australian rib eye steak) and my friends all got good steaks. I don't know what mine was, but it certainly wasn't rib eye and it looked nothing like theirs did. Who needs consistency?

Reviewed 23 May 2014

It's one of the few Air Conditioned Restaurants in Chalong, really nice on those hot & sticky nights.

You have the option of purchasing your own selection of wine from their large cellar which is adjacent to the seating area.

There's plenty to choose from and wine from many countries the pricing suits all budgets.

As good/great as the food was, service levels (on the night) were disappointing.

I had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bottle of beer, what was most frustrating is that I could see it sitting on the counter! I went and asked for it twice though had to wait until the staff were free to bring it to the table, by then it was warm.

Wine Connection incorporate a Service Charge (mandatory tipping).