“Chill out and peaceful place to stay in Phuket”

The One Cozy Vacation Residence
Ranked #12 of 45 Chalong B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Chill out and peaceful place to stay in Phuket”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I heard about this area from one of my friend who training at Tiger Gym during holiday in Phuket. If you are looking for party and friends to chat at bar. It is not the right place because many guests focus on their training schedule and healthiness.

The One Cozy Vacation Residence located at quiet and peaceful area. We loves the pool where we hang out every evening after long day with thousands people at the beaches in Phuket.

Refer to room rates and employee wages in Phuket: room is excellent and clean with toilet kit, towels, two bottle of water and one toilet paper per day. Sometimes staff forgot something but Thai style - just RELAX!! and ask them with BIG SMILE!!! :-) YOU ARE IN THAILAND.

Room Tip: It is two floor building and right hands is tennis court so prefer number start from 1-4 if you don...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vassana N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 January 2014

'THE ONE' is an awesome resort-like accomoadtion. If you are looking for a place just to spend the weekends and chill, then this is the right place to go. I stayed there for a month while training at Tiger Muay Thai. They have their own in-house cafe which opens daily from 0700hrs - 2130hrs, and they serve really awesome local and other cuisines. They provide taxi services to about everywhere, but I'm afraid that you'll have to pay for it yourself. The staff there will clean up your room everyday without fail, and did I actually mentioned that their staff were all super friendly? Each of them gave us a very family-like feel and treatment. I'm definitely missing the place right now while typing this review. If you are worried about your safety, don't worry because the hotel's main door will be shut at 2130hrs daily and can only be accessed with an entry key. Personally, I made a few friends while staying there and it was great! I would definitely recommend everyone to stay there! Cheers to THE ONE!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keith C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is basically a quiet family run (I think) hotel. As such English can be a language barrier but we managed to understand and get along fine. Each guest has their own small suite: balcony/wooden deck area, living room, bathroom and bedroom.

The place is nice but has a few gripes: the toilet initially wasn't working but it got fixed immediately, there isn't a telephone because there's no 24hr front desk (prob will need to call after 9:30pm). But other than these minor issues, the place is comfortable, clean and a good place to go to nearby attractions: Wat Chalong Temple, Big Buddha (currently under upgrading works), flying Hanuman (zipline) and the beach.

For Muay Thai fans, the hotel is on the same road as several Muay Thai gyms: Tiger Muay Thai, Dragon gym (I think) & some others too.

I would recommend hiring one of their moped/motorbikes to make it easier to get around. Last I checked it was 200 BAHT per day.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed at The One for 10 weeks while training at Tiger Muay Thai. The staff were always very friendly and the rooms were cleaned very well on a daily basis and small bottles of water were given. We had no issues with the place what so ever, its so close to the training camp and I would definitely recommend to anybody. I will be returning to thailand next year for another 3 month and I would happily use The One again for my whole stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
auckland
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 month while training at Tiger Muay Thai. We were both not impressed with the service and incompetencies of the staff throughout our stay.
1. I informed the staff via email several times that we would not arrive until about 11pm that night due to a late flight. We were reassured that there would be a staff member to greet us and check us in. Upon arrival no one was there, the place was closed so we could not get in. I was told IF no one was there, to phone us which is a huge problem when I did not have a phone to call. So we had to wait to flag down a local who finally let us use his phone to call the staff.

2. As much as the rooms were lovely, the cleaner for our room had to be the most laziest lady around. Not ONCE did she clean our bathroom, she used a dirty mop on the floors, on 5 occasions forgot to leave us toilet paper (which is a massive problem when one of us was sick and no loo paper AND no phones in the room to call reception to bring us some), and would often forget to give us 2 towels (since there was 2 of us)... The dishes weren't done, they were quickly rinsed and left on the bench and numerous times she forgot to leave us water.

3. The restaurant - twice I asked for hard boiled eggs and when I cracked the shells they were not cooked and ran all over the plate.... I ordered chicken but got beef..
However in saying that the chicken garlic and pepper dish was the best!!

4. 3 times we put in laundry with the hotel and got our clothing with stains on. One of the tops I managed to get the pink stains out of my white top (which was interesting as there was no pink clothing amongst my clothes that day).. A pair of my favourite bikinis came back with black stains on it and when they sent them back to get fixed, they came back covered with black and bleach stains. To say I was upset is an understatement!

5. The staff spoke very little english which made our stay quite hard....

On saying all of the negative, we finally met the manager after we checked out (when we brought back our laundry to get fixed) and he was extremely sorry for our experience.. He was a pleasure to deal with, but a real shame he was not there throughout our stay.

I did notice the staff were not so lazy when he was around.

Its a great location if you are training at Tiger and is next door to Inpana Massage which is the best place to get massages, pedicures etc...

They have gorgeous kittens, 3 plus mother cat which are looked after well so that was one thing we did love about the place.

All in all, the price is Ok BUT definitely would not stay again. We have stayed at several places along this road whilst training and for 3000 baht extra, stay at Signature Resort up the road! Pure bliss there and no complaints.

Oh... One more moan... the beds are like sleeping on concrete!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side to the tennis courts are quieter...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at The One in October 2013 while I trained at Tiger Muay Thai, just 200 metres down the road. What a great hotel experience! Not only was it cheap (the same price as the individual rooms at the camp, but I got such a large and clean space for my Baht with a large flat-screen TV, a living room, fridge etc as well. The staff are all super friendly and make you feel very comfortable, and although the hotel isn't near any major Phuket landmark (apart from all the training camps nearby), it is still a great place to stay at. The food menu was good too, and the overall vibe of the place was relaxed and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was shocked at how nice the rooms were for the price. They were well AC'd, clean, modern and even had new flat-screen TVs. They all look out over the pool. Nice staff and good food too.

They set me up with a good taxi to the airport. I was reluctant to use the hotel as they don't meet me "laundry index": i.e. they charge 60 baht per kilo when the road they are on is covered with signs advertising 40 baht laundry. Please, no 50% markups!

The only other issue is an "always on" TV in the lobby/restaurant. The staff tend to watch TV there which is fine, but Thai soaps can be grating. Maybe hook them up with a TV in their own room?

Room Tip: They all face the pool which is great. The tennis courts beside are quiet and are a non-issue.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalong
The Signature Phuket Resort
#3 of 45 in Chalong
The Blue Hotel
The Blue Hotel
#7 of 54 in Chalong

Been to The One Cozy Vacation Residence? Share your experiences!