Open today: 07:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Good

Did the Muay Thai class for beginners. These guys are very experienced and know their stuff... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Saz92
via mobile
Great but crowded

Tiger is one of the original gyms that built the whole fitness street up. It’s world renown to pull... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
yay4naps
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chalong
from US$10.91
from US$5.78
from US$16.14
More Info
All reviews martial arts meal plan great training training camp weight loss front office reception staff life changing experience training area protein shakes wraps home country great place to learn these guys low season big buddha tmt
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Tiger is a fantastic fully equipped martial arts camp for everyone who wishes to perfect their fighting technique, get in shape, loose weight or just spend a different type of holidays in a lovely location in Phuket, Thailand. The staff and the trainers are extremely friendly.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Asia_Fondue
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Quite frankly, there is no other fitness camp quite like it anywhere in the world. Weather you are there for fitness, to fight Muay Thai or for weight loss, you wont be disappointed. There is something for everyone. Staff is friendly and there are many knowledgeable Muay Thai trainers. They even offer meal plans with healthy choice options. You will be surrounded by many positive individuals who will push you and motivate you to accomplish your own personal goals. Expect to be training 2 times a day 3 to 4 hours a day, so dont expect it to be easy. Classes offered at the camp are, Muay Thai, Bodyfit, Boxing, Yoga, MMA. You can even have private sessions with an experinced Muay Thai trainer. If you have a chance, try to get a private with Yod, who trained GSP for his UFC fights. The camp has a truely international feel. You will meet people there from all parts of the world and make many great friends there as I did myself and will cherish those memories and experiences for the rest of my life. The first time I went to TMT, I was there for weight loss. In 3 months that I was there, I was able to loose 26 kilograms! I was there to change my life and Tiger Muay Thai helped me do that. Thank you TMT! The camp has had such a positive influence on my life that now I continue to train, eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle. Areas where I feel they need improvement are: Need to scale down the class sizes, Muay Thai classes are too long, some Thai staff need to be more customer oriented, meal plans could be better value for money, and occasionally there is some negative camp politics that one should avoid. All in all, life changing experience at Tiger Muay Thai! The only camp to go to in Thailand period!

Date of experience: February 2013
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Before coming out to Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp, I wasn't in very good shape nor into martial arts. Through my time out here, I have met friends from all over the world and got in the best shape in my life. Great Muay Thai/Crossfit/Yoga/Boxing/MMA Trainers. A must do while in Phuket.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank jsx2425
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I just got my Degree and was looking to travel before going on a serious job hunt so a good friend of mine from USA suggested the idea of going to a boot camp or a Muay Thai Camp.
We were both into Martial Arts and both wanted to take a break so I searched online for camps and I saw Tiger’s website.
It was the swankiest among any other Muay Thai camp websites.
I then chose TMT and thought it was the best one since it not only offers Muay Thai but also Fitness Classes. I can honestly say that it was a life changing experience. I attained a good level of fitness and lifetime friends.
I’ve seen many other guests that start from nothing to something really great and they’ve become more optimistic and confident beings at the end of their stay. It really offers a positive vibe around here and I have to thank the Muay Thai trainers and all our coaches for taking the extra leap to ensure this. Everyone regardless of their fitness level should try it out. You won't regret it!

Date of experience: September 2012
3  Thank JoeyA83
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My goal was to lose weight and getting back in shape, which I indicated by email prior to arriving. There's not much of a welcome or clear explanation what to do when and how, you're rather left to your own devices. I paid a full month membership and felt it was a kind of a rip off in terms of my personal goals. The weight room is very small with old and rusty equipment some not even bolted to the floor. The yoga mats as the floor covering in the training areas soaked with sweat, seem not well maintained. Training can be harsh and no-one checks your medical condition (if you have one). Overall I felt the place to be a Health & Safety hazard and surprisingly so as the owner is an American...

For losing weight and getting back in shape safely and responsibly I would highly recommend Thanyapura, which has a very high professional level and state of the art equipment and facilities.

This review is of course based on my personal experience. I think the website is not exactly clear about their programs and basically for someone not participating in marshall arts and boxing, does not correctly reflect the reality.

I met people who booked through Xtremegap or who came for the same purpose as I did and were quite disappointed as well.

Maybe Tiger should stick to their initial activity... Muay Thai boxing or improve its facilities and especially show more concern and knowledge when "monitoring" participants.

Date of experience: May 2013