“Tiger Muay Thai & MMA -”

Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes
Ranked #11 of 43 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp started Muay Thai training camp in 2004 with a vision of bringing quality Muay Thai training to everyone. Although we started with just one ring, we now have seven boxing rings, an MMA cage, 36 workout stations and have over 40 Muay Thai trainers. We also have three incredible personal trainers devoted to various fitness specialties. They are also professional athletes. In addition, we are affiliated with Brazilian Top Team which is one of the most renowned Jui Jitsu gyms in the world.We are especially proud to have guests that return every year, including world champion trainers and fighters from WMC, Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, WBC, Bangkok TV and professional fighters from all over the world like Royce Gracie, Jon Fitch, Murilo Bustamante and Brian Ebersole just to name a few.What’s also nice is the amazing return rate of guests like yourself that make coming back to our camp an on-going tradition.Guests come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have won the award for the Best Gym for Foreigners two years in a row for 2010 and 2011.We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies, and military personnel. At our camp getting fit is a priority. But we also know that finding time to relax and rejuvenating oneself is also important. Here you have the opportunity to explore places like Phi Phi Island, be awed by the Big Buddha, relax on the shores of one of many beautiful beaches.We are more than just a facility - it’s a place to reinvent yourself...a place to take a step out of the hustle of everyday life and figure out what’s really important.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tiger Muay Thai & MMA -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had a great time during my week at TMT, although I wish I had been in better cardio shape to take advantage of all the technical instruction. The trainers are of a very high standard but I think the Tiger Grill is over-priced - you can eat well (protein shakes included) for far less just down the street, and have a much better selection as well. People call it a McDojo and the Beginner's Muay Thai classes are a little large, but in my opinion this is the cost of a professionally-run training camp with some very accomplished trainers. The staff are all friendly with the exception of a couple at the Grill, but this is a pretty minor complaint. I didn't stay at the camp so cannot vouch for the quality of the accommodation, but it seemed reasonable.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank KLMCMB27

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am currently training at tiger and have been for 6 weeks leaving on Friday, this place is definitely overrated and is only the most popular because of the advertising they do through google etc.. They false advertise about the food saying it's so fantastic and you should buy the meal plan to save 30% but what they don't tell you is that you don't save anything if you don't get the most expensive items every meal, if you do plan to come to tiger please don't book before hand come check it out check the food, prices have just been raised again since I've been here this place is double the price of most other Muay Thai gyms on the same street, if you book accommodation through there website to another hotel advertised on the site they add a hidden 20% commision on top. If you want to pay double and have overcrowded classes and the only benefit is that there are many different nationalitys here then come here. I won't be returning. Good luck to everyone striving to complete there fitness goals. :)

8 Thank Jamiecoom
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I loved everything except....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Ok, so I spent just under 2 weeks at Tiger Muay Thai and overall it was one of the most incredible experiances of my life. The Fitness training classes are absolutely amazing... but soooo hard.
The Muay Thai was great although I wish that I had come in better shape. While a few trainers did seem to not care so much I would say that the majority of them where awesome and really put a lot of time into me even though I am a beggener. I loved Boo and Dang the most but there are many great trainers there. It is a big faciltiy but I felt like every one of staff cared about me and was able to help me when I had problems.
The only thing that was slightly off putting was the guy at the grill. At first I thought he was just a creepy customer who hung around all day but after asking another women at the camp who I befriended she told me he was the head cook. Its not that he did anything wrong per se, just his general demeanour towards many of the women at the camp came across in a really creepy way.
The food at Tiger is ok. Certainly good value for money and I undertsand why people get the meal plan but Tiger promotes this guy as some sort of superstar celebrity chef which, im sorry to say, is a joke. the food is OK, celebrity super star chef, come on. Maybe if he spent more time in the kitchen and less gawking at women coming out of class the food would be great but thats for management to decide.
Tiger can make claims and many of them are accurate but this one is stretching it way to much.

Anyway, other than the creepy head cook, the camp atmosphere is amazing with lots of comrade between guests and I will definately come back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank shana t
Kingscliff, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GREAT if you're a fitness fanatic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our time a TMT was overall really enjoyable. We paid for a week's training each, but were really only there 5 days. The beginners classes are great cardio workouts as are the cross fit classes (they're the only classes I participated in). Heaps of people from all over the world (a bunch of Aussies) and everyone's pretty friendly. We used the gym nearly every day - it had everything you need, although the equipment wasn't in top shape. The only thing we were displeased by was that the girls on the front desk were not very friendly or helpful. They looked at us as more of a nuisance than anything. It was a shame, as one of their promo vids says how friendly they are and that they're willing to help you with anything e.g. accommodation, things to do in the area etc. That actually turned me off potentially going back. Besides that however, the experience was great and well worth it :)

2 Thank Chilli-Baxter
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome place to train”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Brilliant facilities, great staff, fantastic atmosphere, I had a great time training at tiger. I lost 8 kilos in a month and sharpened up my muay Thai and Brazilian jiu jitsu skills in the process. I met a lot of really cool people and went to some fun events. I highly recommend tiger if you are looking for somewhere to train in Phuket.