“Amazing place, amazing trainers”

Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes
Ranked #10 of 43 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp started Muay Thai training camp in 2004 with a vision of bringing quality Muay Thai training to everyone. Although we started with just one ring, we now have seven boxing rings, an MMA cage, 36 workout stations and have over 40 Muay Thai trainers. We also have three incredible personal trainers devoted to various fitness specialties. They are also professional athletes. In addition, we are affiliated with Brazilian Top Team which is one of the most renowned Jui Jitsu gyms in the world.We are especially proud to have guests that return every year, including world champion trainers and fighters from WMC, Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, WBC, Bangkok TV and professional fighters from all over the world like Royce Gracie, Jon Fitch, Murilo Bustamante and Brian Ebersole just to name a few.What’s also nice is the amazing return rate of guests like yourself that make coming back to our camp an on-going tradition.Guests come here from all over the world with different fitness goals. We have won the award for the Best Gym for Foreigners two years in a row for 2010 and 2011.We have fighters who come here to improve technique and to prepare for upcoming fights, martial arts schools, vacationers, fitness fans, adventure junkies, and military personnel. At our camp getting fit is a priority. But we also know that finding time to relax and rejuvenating oneself is also important. Here you have the opportunity to explore places like Phi Phi Island, be awed by the Big Buddha, relax on the shores of one of many beautiful beaches.We are more than just a facility - it’s a place to reinvent yourself...a place to take a step out of the hustle of everyday life and figure out what’s really important.
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Amazing place, amazing trainers”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you are willing to train in martial arts somewhere, stop thinking of another place and go to Tiger muay thai. You will enjoy training in an amazing place with great facilities, lot of ring, an MMA room, an MMA cage, a fitness room, an eating room.

The main reason why TMT is excellent is their trainers. I trained with Tukkatatong also called "Tuk" and it was the best trainings i ever had.

Visited August 2013
JolenPicardo, Guest Relations at Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We are very happy when our guests observe the attention and effort we put into the details of The Gym.Each review is shared with our staff so that we may improve in any areas and also to continue the strong sense of pride they take in each of their jobs. I will be sure to share this review with our trainers especially TUK and the whole Tiger crew.

Thank you for nominating Tiger. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Regards,TMT Team.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very cool place”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place is fantastic. If you are into fighting or fitness this has everything to offer. I only did privates in Muay Thai, which was very cheap and good (regret I didn't take more), one group morning session in yoga which was crowded but excellent and a couple of advanced BJJ classes which was very good. Also we watched the UFC live on the television at the bar twice. The shop is very good and reasonable priced. All in all a very cool place to train and hang out.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ludvigsen_JSL
We are delighted that you spent some wonderful days training at our Gym.
We cant wait to see you back here again.it is a pleasure to have you in TIGER.Keep in touch.

Cheers,

The TMT Team.
Holland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Self Contained Camp”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I have lived in Thailand for the last year (12 months) on a multi-entry visa. Before leaving for Thailand I was a Combat Fitness Leader in the Army and when arriving in Thailand I conducted my own pre-training conditioning of running combined with stretching and then later started to train with a small local gym, where all six trainers were ex-professional fighters (a Thai trainer must fight a determined number of professional fights to be accepted as a legitimate trainer) before fighting my first amateur fight after only two months of strike training.

I approach both Phuket Top Team and Tiger Muay Thai to train only one session with each to see what the hype was about.

Tiger Muay Thai is in Chalong which is 100B by bike or 400B by car from Phuket Town and double from Patong.

I found Tiger Muay reception to be very friendly and knowledgeable. The price was three times the price I was previously paying with the local gym and glove/rap rental was extra.

The Tiger Muay Camp looked exactly like the photos on the website and had clear training areas for beginner/intermediate/advance and all areas had their own full size ring. It was easy to see that the gym also offers a weigh loss program and these people were easily integrated into normal fight training and progressed naturally through beginner and intermediate.

The gym has its own cafe and the cuisine was reasonable both for price and nutrition, although it has room for improvement.

The accommodation is in the middle of the beginner and intermediate areas and is basic.

The training itself was good. I arrived to spectate the morning Muay Thai training and was impressed. The trainers are all Thai and very knowledgeable, I observed the trainers applying one on one coaching during the group session correcting strike technique and students responding immediately.

For my private session I was paired with a trainer that was available at the time. The session started with an individual warm up, and shadow boxing. When it came down to strike training it started with the trainer critiquing my strikes and a reminder to keep my guard up. It was a basic run through for the trainer to assess my skill level. The rounds were extremely short, but on the plus side the trainer was extremely skilled. After one lesson my front knee, elbow, switch kick had all improved along with my elbow on the outside of my knee to guard a kick, and on top of that I had learn a new way to deliver a spinning elbow. At the end of the session I had not broken a sweat due to the two minute rounds but was happy that I had the new techniques that I could later practice.

All in all I was pleased with the training offered, but it also has the price tag to match.

6 Thank Georgia K
Hello,Thank you for writing such a detailed review on our property and also sharing information what you experienced while you were here.
Our clients are the backbone of our company,Glad to hear you enjoyed training with us and choose Tiger to polish your existing skills to perfection.
Looking forward to you next visit soon.

Regards,

TMT.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great trainers, great staff.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have just spent 2 weeks training at TMT, and overall the experience was fantastic. My trainer, Noom, was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and he only pushed as hard as you could go. The girls in the office were amazing, and always seemed to have time even when busy.

The rooms are basic, bordering on a bit grotty, and need total refurbishment and aircon installed. The good thing is that there are numerous places to stay on the street at reasonable rates.

Food is good, but not a great choice. I also agree with previous reviews about eating at other places on the street and close by. 2Home resort, Cosy Corner (opposite) and The Rich House all serve amazing food, cheap!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Welsh_Wi
JolenPicardo, Guest relations at Tiger Muay Thai - Day Classes, responded to this review, 5 October 2014
I like the ending....If you are thinking about training at Tiger, book your flights now, you won't regret it. After all, it is was you make it.
Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback after your visit at Tiger. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We deeply value your relationship with Tiger Muay Thai and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Regards, TMT
LuvsAnAdventure
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Take the good with the bad”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Long review, but after spending 1 month there, I'm sharing what I wish I had known before I got there.

Good:
- The staff is friendly and helpful
- The training is good. You have the opportunity to really achieve whatever goal you have
- Group activities are planned outside of the gym to have fun. Ie trips to the beach, trips to the club, local celebrations, etc
- Bar-b-que beatdowns are held each month and are fun and a great way to meet everyone

Not so good
- Overpriced - gyms down the street are FAR less expensive
- Crowded - its really popular, they do great marketing which makes it a really popular place to go. That's not *bad* per se, but the classes are crowded and there isn't much one-on-one attention without purchasing a private session.

Everything else will depend on your own tastes. Having spent a month there, I will give you some suggestions:

1) Don't purchase a month long membership. Why? Because there are so many people and at some point, you will get sick or a minor injury and not be able to workout. Its better to purchase the 10-day passes so that you can work out when you want to work out. This is better value

2) Don't purchase the meal plan. You can, the food is good and its nutritious, however, the street that its on is dedicated to fitness as there are 5 training facilities located here, all of the restaurants serve healthy menus for a fraction of the cost.

3) Don't stay on campus (unless you're a guy). The rooms aren't really too lady-friendly and the bathrooms are kinda grungy. And they're not only for people who live on-campus, anyone who comes on the property uses the restrooms.

4) Invest in private session. You'll advance much more quickly if you do since the classes are quite large.

I hope this helps!

Visited November 2013
31 Thank LuvsAnAdventure
Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback after your visit at Tiger.

Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause and came up with a whole new meal menu with variety of choices and fresh juices.We renovated all the campus rooms and expanded our fitness area.

Looking forward to your return soon back again to witness the whole new expansion.

Best Regards, TMT Team