“Awful service, misleading menu”
Review of Tablespoon

Tablespoon
Ranked #74 of 103 Restaurants in Chalong
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I am in the middle of my second visit to this restaurant. I ignored the fact that on the first the service was.....a little slow, and the fact that the salmon burger I ordered came covered in bacon (which I don't eat).

My second visit has proved no better. In fact worse. Service is still abysmal, even by Thai standards, and the food I ordered was not as pictured, and reminiscent of something a first year Uni student may concoct.

I ordered the Tuna, olive and caper pasta dish. It looked nice. Pictured was some spaghetti with fresh tuna and an abundance of olives.

Sadly, what arrived was some overlooked spaghetti dribbled with about one sliced olive and a smattering of TINNED tuna.

There will be no third chance. With great restaurants available all over southern phuket; these people need to up their game.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

this is actually a review after 2 visit to the Tablespoon at Home Pro Village.

Food is good, I find the portion big enough in both Thai and western food. The taste is nice again both type of cuisine.

The decor is a little kitsch but hey it is the way they choose, seats are comfortable and big enough table.

Service was average the first time but very nice the second time. Same waitress, but second time she was more smiley, more at ease, even laughing with us.So it is why i rated 4.

Overall a good choice if you are in the area, but if you are for exemple in Patong, there is no need to drive all the way for it

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This was on our way home from the Big Buddha, conveniently located inside the HomePro Village. This is the third time we've been. The food is nice and fairly reasonably priced (100THB to 300THB per meal). There is a lot of variety, whether you prefer Asian or European food. Staff are just okay, they are not particularly attentive I didn't think. The thai food we ordered came out speedy and the 2 sandwiches came out last (we waited about 25 minutes for those!).

1  Thank DoctorMoo
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Can't believe Tablespoon seems relatively unknown whereas so many others in the area are so frequently assessed on Trip Advisor. The staff are friendly, attentive and if you show a bit of spirit they are only too happy to have fun and chat with you without being over-bearing.

They often have a live Filipino singer at the outside area but we mostly stayed inside with the air conditioning.

My wife is Asian and loves the food tho most of it has a hint of spice she asks for it to be toned down but loved the massive selection available.

I like their pizzas, duck curry and particularly enjoyed their daiquiri selection. Passion fruit or strawberry were my favourites here, nice to cool down for a Scotsman who doesn't love the sun :)

Reasonable prices and a very pleasant atmosphere, you can find the place in the Home Pro Village area.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Been there a month ago [ Chalong branch ]. The decorations and atmospere were just lovely. Just love the idea of their menu that each item has a photo so the foreingner who doesn't know about thai food can get an idea of what it will looks like. And have 100+ menus. Took us quite sometime to choose !!

Being served by a friendly staff will never ruined the mood even though their English wasn't that good. The food tasted just perfect. Recommend for everybody who likes to experience Thai food with good reasonable price.