“Incredible intense workouts to constantly challenge yourself” 5 of 5 bubbles

Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym
Ranked #3 of 43 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unit-27 is Thailand's leading specialist & purpose built S&C/Fitness Facility. Staffed with an Elite Team of instructors including British degree Qualified S&C coaches the quality of our sessions is high, the results effective, fast and above all safe. Fully quipped with high quality functional equipment including prowler tracks, Rig, Cargo Nets and indoor underground sprint track. Add to this air-conditioned cardio & spin rooms and much, much more. Then wrap it all up in a graffiti/urban vibe with pumping tunes ! We are also the only CrossFit affiliate in Phuket Thailand & operate under the official name "CrossFit Phuket". Instructor are all L1 & L2 qualified having conducted their training in Europe and Australia. Our on site organic, healthy and tasty Muscle Bar provide nutrition advice and personalised meal plans. All sessions are all high intensity orientated and include Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Body Fit, Spinning, Crossfit, Free Weights. With Ice Baths & Sauna for your recovery needs, and an apparel shop selling cool gear, Unit-27 is a "one stop shop" for all your needs.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredible intense workouts to constantly challenge yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ever thought you couldn't lift a kettlebell, do acrobatics, and then find yourself running with 15kg chains on your shoulders, flipping tyres the size of a mini, doing push-ups on spin bikes and other ingenious manoeuvres in a matter of minutes. No? Me neither, but I did it.

The creativity in the exercise and class planning really stands-out. Trying new exercises away from the norm has allowed me to experiment and challenge myself to push beyond my comfort zone - for example, I had never once touched my toes to the bar, let alone do 30.

What I also like about the timetable is also great is that there are evening classes (spinning and cross-training) which is a good option for the people who like to exercise at night. Oh, and the spinning studio is in an air conditioned room with the atmosphere of being in a club!

Don't let the industrial image put you off - whilst it is known for being the toughest on the block - exercises can be adapted. The trainers (who all look like Terminators) are friendly and approachable but retain a strong presence to make sure you sweat your guts out.

Go hard because when you go home you'll be a hell of a load stronger.

Visited April 2014
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Anjie,

thanks for that great review, we are really happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

Hoping to see you again sometime soon and am sure we'll have some new ideas ready for you.

Thanks - Rob

Chalong, Thailand
“Solid facility, with great coaches ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

One sentence pretty much says it all, but it never hurts to elaborate. The owner built a great site and outfitted it with everything you could need, including a turf lane to push a prowler. The coaches have done a great job by taking advantage of the facility and successfully implementing everything at their disposal into the classes. There isn't a reason why anyone/athlete couldn't benefit by training there, regardless of their fitness level; beginners shouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks Zackery - always nice to know we have hit the mark and always nice to work with committed individuals !

Looking for ward to seeing you in here again sometime soon !

Cheers - The Team
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unit 27- outstanding for fitness and motivation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Unit-27 is the ultimate place to train and push yourself!
My fitness training started here and Unit-27 continues to help support and push me as I continue!
Going from zero, I was apprehensive as I thought this might only be a place for 'the best' to train. Turns out, those people who are now 'the best' started from zero too and the Unit team recognize this and have faith in everyones success!..When you feel that you have reached your limit, they know how to show you that you still have more to give and for that I thank them!

They genuinely see your success as their success, and they will never give up!

I am excited to see what else Unit will bring to the street as they are dedicated to continuously adding and improving their already fantastic strength and conditioning gym!

Would highly recommend :)

1 Thank steph_o186338
Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Hey Steph,

thanks for the great review !

Everyone starts at zero, the only difference between 'everyone' is who wants to stay there and who wants to move on !

Glad we gave you what you where looking for and we promise that we will continue to do so. Our primary goal is always to help people develop as far as they can, which is always further than they think.

The whole team enjoy working with you and we are looking forward to taking you on further and further ..... and that wont be difficult with your level of commitment.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for intense workouts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in Chalong over Easter weekend, and I enjoyed every minute of Unit 27! The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and the workouts intense - just the way I like it. My time was too short, but I will definitely be back, and would highly recommend Unit 27 to anybody looking to include intense training (and good fun!) to their stay in Phuket.

1 Thank Kalme70b
Hi Kalme,

thanks for taking the time to write a great review for us.

We take a lot of pride in giving motivated people the tolls and encouragement that they are looking for and we hope to see you again very soon !

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Awsome gym in chalong the trainers are very friendly and very knowledgeable about fitness, the equipment is state of the art a great place to train and get fit and meet new people

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Bretto1987
Hey Getto,

thanks for the great review and very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

Looking forward to seeing you again very soon !