“Highly recommended”

Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym
Ranked #7 of 47 things to do in Chalong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unit-27 is Asia's leading specialist & purpose built S&C/Fitness Facility. Staffed with an Elite Team of Qualified S&C coaches, the quality of our sessions are the best you will ever experience, the results effective, fast and above all safe. We are split between 2 separate sites as Unit-27, 150m apart. Our second site is Phukets original CrossFit affiliate & operates under the official name "CrossFit Phuket". Crossfit Phuket operates within a 'state of the art', climate controlled, indoor facility. We have 8 lifting platforms for Oly lifting and a hugely experienced coaching team for all the technical aspects. Our on site organic, health food Muscle Bar provides nutrition advice, and personalised meal plans. All sessions are all high intensity orientated and include Strength and Conditioning, Yoga, Body Fit, Spinning, Crossfit, Free Weights. With Ice Baths & Sauna for your recovery needs, and an apparel shop selling cool gear, Unit-27 is a "one stop shop" for all your needs.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week training here and loved everything! The trainers are mad, music is sick, sessions are wicked.

In fact we don't want to leave ever lol.

Love the dynamic warm ups and should mention it's cleaner then any gym back home which is really nice.

I'll be telling all my peeps back home to come here such a great experience.

Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Hey Darrrling - wow what a great review and thank you so much for taking the time.

Our support staff at The Unit really are great and work tirelessly to ensure that the environment is always clean and looking good. We'll pass on your comments to them as I know they will appreciate the acknowledgement.

Hopefully you'll get back and see us sometime soon, meantime take care and thanks again.

Cheers - Rob

in 26 reviews
"athletes"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband & I visited Unit 27 in March & April to train.

I loved the Yoga sessions in the morning with Note & the gym is well equipped.
My husband enjoyed the Rapid Fire sessions, as well as being able to complete his own Crossfit WODs during the Open gym times.

We found all the staff were professional, supportive & very welcoming.

They finished the sauna & ice baths while we were there, but I for one was not brave enough to test them out (I was hot enough with the weather, & could not bring myself to jump in a huge bath filled with ice! :-D)
A great, down to earth gym that is worth training at!

Rob H, Owner at Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Gym, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi Luluthi - thank you so much for taking time out to review us.

The Ice baths are proving to be very popular, and the sauna afterwards, so when we see you both next time we will be looking to talk you into having a try ;-)

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Instead of wasting my time at other training facilities around Chalong(Phuket) I have should come straight there and train all the time-loved the place that much that one week when I was short of cash I used my credit card to pay for my weekly pass-had no regrets to pay extra credit card fees for it because it was worth it every single penny-the reason why I loved Unit-27 that much is because, Unit-27 is the place where you can challenge yourself everyday-because everyday there is something new (one day you can run up the road with the tyre behind you and second day you can be climbing ropes and ringing the bell at the top), who ever you training with is there to help you and instructors with good knowledge, expirience and qualifications are always there to help you and guide you-first couple of sessions at Unit-27 might be a bit tough for you (even if you are a good athlete), but for some reason you are then wonna come back to another sessions and enjoy yourself-if you are (as a person who has problems with extra weight or overweight, or you would like to tone up or get yourself in a good shape in a space of 4 to 7 weeks) then you are looking for a right place. Unit-27 is very modern place, with loads of brand new equipment and I can not wait to get back out there next year and train, train, train at Unit-27 all the time!

Hi Romarioarchi & thanks for the detailed review.

We spend a lot of time making sure that we have as much variety as possible whilst sticking to our core principles - those being quality in both service and product.

Like you say The Unit is suitable for all levels of ability and we will ensure that those levels improve quickly and safely.

Come back as soon as you can, we are looking forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great place, where trainers actually care for people, training with them. Yoga in the morning is great! Now they also have sauna and ice bath- try it in the end of your session- best feeling ever! Definetely recommend!

Thanks for the review Irina.

Note (Yoga instructor) really is a cut above the rest (as we believe all our team are ;-) and we are looking forward to training with you again.