“'Friendly Home From Home Hotel'”

Caisleain Oir Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Annagry
Dublin, Ireland
“'Friendly Home From Home Hotel'”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had a very enjoyable three nights in this hotel in July, it had been recommended to us by friends that stayed there in June, it certainly lived up to its reputation. Joe, James, Michelle and all the staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was any trouble to them, a really great atmosphere. The food was excellent and the room was very comfortable, quiet with a great sea view. We were so lucky to be there on the Saturday night for the wonderful traditional music. We will look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a seaview and are quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
mayo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

a lovely spot in the gaeltacht in donegal a perfect hotel for a relaxing holiday staff and food were super the view from the room were splendid most rooms have a sea view perfect location for touring the wonderful coastline and beaches .hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: a sea view is a must
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Donegal, Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I recently had my wedding here and from the word go everything was great, the staff were very helpful and done everything they could to accomodate what I wanted and make my day perfect, they arranged alot for me and helped with alot of my preperations which was great, anything I needed help with or advise on they were glad to help, The day went well and everything flowed nicely the staff were warm and friendly the food was fantastic and very resonably priced, the rooms were beautiful and had great discounts for guests, My day was perfect I would highly reccomend it for a wedding, Thanks

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eileen O
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just back from a weekend visiting our son in Aranmore gaelteacht. We have stayed many times in this hotel and find it very relaxing. Staff are friendly and attentive, food is super and rooms are very comfortable, so much so we stayed longer this time very relaxing time. The village is a short stroll away, there is a great buzz about the hotel bar with the locals coming and going mixing with the guests and tourists and the resturant patrons. Paudie and Mary DUblin 9

Room Tip: Room with a bay view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a large bathroom, plenty of wardrobe space, desk, armchairs, and tv. However the best feature was the view over the bay and I enjoyed watching the tide coming in. The hotel sits on a busy road but the comings and goings did not bother me. The staff were courteous and helpful and there was a choice of hot breakfasts.There is a bar downstairs which serves food, and there are areas to relax and read the newspapers. A good base for visiting the gaeltacht areas of Donegal

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2012

From the moment we entered the cute foyer, we were made to feel at home. This is a family-run hotel, with a homely atmosphere. The food served in the bar was second to none, the Baked Alaska is to die for. The hotel is within close proximity to Carrickfinn Airport, which is handy, and is just on the outskirts of Annagry village..The hotel is suited on the water's edge, with beautiful views of the strand. There was traditional Irish music in the bar/lounge which was great. The room was spacious, and clean, with a tasty breakfast. I could not fault this hotel, nor it's friendly staff which even got me a charger to charge my mobile phone..

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernadette G
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Spent a beautiful weekend in Caisleain Oir for a friends 30th Birthday, this was my first time in this part of Donegal and I was pleasantly suprised by Annagry and Caisleain Oir, rooms are big ( we had a room over looking the water which was lovely), comfy beds, very clean, staff so friendly but the thing I can't rave enough about is the food, it was out of this world!!! I tried Oysters for the first time and they have a really varied menu. Wish I could go every weekend!! You really can't beat Donegal Hospitatily, on our way home, we broke down outside Letterkenny and lovely couple stopped and where able help to us and we were back on the road in 20 minutes.So a big THANK YOU to Caisleain Oir for a lovely weekend and Deirdre and Joe for helping us on the side of the road!!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and threat yourself to the Baked Alaska, its yum!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annagry
Harvey's Point
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Arnolds Hotel
Arnolds Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dunfanaghy

Been to Caisleain Oir Hotel? Share your experiences!