We stayed at Moorfield last weekend and had a great holiday. From our arrival until our departure , our hosts Ginny and Neil could not do more to make us feel welcome or help with recommending restaurants, even organising taxis also.
The quality of our suite, with sunken double jacuzzi bath, could not be faulted. It was certainly five star. With Lough Swilly in the distance, the gardens at the front and the rear of the property, and the electric gates , blend in like a small private estate. Unfortunately the Donegal weather did not allow us onto the front or rear decks to fully appreciate the views, but the floor to ceiling windows on all front and rear of the suite helped us appreciate the surroundings.
Breakfast was excellent. We don`t normally stay b&b ,and were surprised that there was a breakfast menu! Yes this accomodation is not cheap, but it is great value for this quality. Truly it is a boutique destination and we would highly recommend it for a special event, or just a wee treat. Go on, push the boat out. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorfield Lodge B&B Ireland - where design is contemporary, hospitality is instinctive and the atmosphere tranquil - setting new standards in home from home comfort - a successful mix of old and new highlights the richness of antiques and luxury accommodation. Perfectly located minutes from Letterkenny with Rosapenna Links Golf Course approx. 20 minutes away, and Glenveagh National Park, one of Ireland's top tourist attractions also 20 minutes away. The most beautiful beaches are on our doorstep including Rathmullan, and a little further north to Portsalon. Indulge in the captivating views of the Ocean and the reflective twinkling night lights whilst relaxing in your luxurious suite. Easy day trip to Giant's Causeway, Bushmills and Dun Luce Castle. We go that extra mile to add to your holiday experience - you will be spoilt at Moorfield!Comprising 3 sumptuous bedrooms en suite, offering an all encompassing luxury stay. Beds and fabrics are of the best quality with the emphasis on classic chic. You won't want to leave. Awarded "100 BEST PLACES TO STAY IN IRELAND 2011" and "TOP 10 MOST Romantic Places in Ireland 2011" and again in 2012 for the 2nd consequetive year, as well as Trip Advisor's Excellence Awards for 2011 and 2012. Recently chosen to feature in the Michelin Guide 2013. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique Hotel Ramelton
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique Bed And Breakfast
- Moorfield Lodge Boutique B&B Ramelton, County Donegal, Ireland