“Peace and a very comfortable bed”
Review of Ardeen House

Ardeen House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramelton
Ardeen House
Ranked #1 of 5 Ramelton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We arrived late but were welcomed by the owner with a pot of tea and homemade scones. This is by far the best b and b I've stayed in with an excellent bed, first rate shower and great view. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Ann and Bert are perfect hosts. Nothing is too much for them ( especially Ann who is a wonderful baker, jam maker and all round cook) to do to make guests feel at home and comfortable. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully furnished. There is a comfortable lounge and dining room and my bed was blissfully comfortable. There is wi if and a space to do your own laundry which I found really helpful on a walking holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Warm, friendly, clean, quiet. The food is delicious, and there's wifi. I have stayed here twice, both times as a base for exploring Donegal, and when I return, I'll stay here again. There's no need to look for anything else.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Ardeen House is a handsome building in a quiet corner of Ramelton looking towards the river. There was a beautiful arrangement of sweet-smelling lilies to greet us in the hall, and Anne and Bert Campbell gave us a lovely warm welcome with tea and home-made cakes in front of a roaring fire. Just what we needed after a long drive.
Our bedroom was large with very comfortable beds. Anne had knitted the bedspreads in our room, and had made patchwork quilts for some of the others. She is a great knitter,and also a champion brige playeer.
The breakfasts were delicious - lots of choice and everything looking attractive served in Nicolas Mosse pottery in the elegant dining room.
We could treat the sitting room as our own, and there was always a fire burning when we arrived after a day's walking - and of course, tea.
We made our own picnics each day and Anne filled our thermos flasks with tea or coffee.
The last morning she drove us to Letterkenny to catch our bus to Belfast - leaving Bert to cook breakfast for the other guests - even though she was going to Portugal the next day and had a lot to do.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

What a wonderful 4-night stay at Ardeen House! From the first welcoming tea (amazing little scones topped the list of delicious treats that Anne makes when she's not knitting or quilting) to her warm send-off at the bus stop, every minute at this welcoming home was a delight. My room was so magnificent I was reluctant to leave it. Unlike any other B&B I've ever stayed at, this one had rooms you could actually "swing a cat in," if you were so inclined. The furnishings were lovely and Anne's handiwork, a beautiful quilt on the bed and a small one hanging on the wall behind it, were charming. Anne and Bert were attentive but never intrusive hosts. I'm looking forward to a return visit, perhaps to the gorgeous cottage they have next door.

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Well, It was one week I was traveling through Donegal and I was a little bit tired despite the weather was bright and the environment was proposing stunning views. My lonely planet Map was raccomending this B&B , so I took the opportunity to meet Mrs. Campbell.
Very clean room and place , comfortable bed and wonderful breakfast. Still missing their home-made scones .
Very reccomended !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in the cottage next to the house which I believe used to be stables but now has been fitted out with all the amenities you could expect from a first class B&B. There were very comfortable beds, a large kitchen/breakfast room and a sun room which took you into the garden. Anne and Bert made us very welcome and ensured that we had a memorable stay. There were tennis courts just yards away and just a short walk into the town centre. The views of the river were stunning, we are definitely going back.
Terry Jones

Room Tip: Try the cottage if you want privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry J

Been to Ardeen House? Share your experiences!